BookishFirst Holiday Party ❄️

• I’ve reviewed 13 books
  • I’ve won 3 raffles
  • my most read genre is fantasy
  • I’ve read a total of 130 books this year! :gift:
3 Likes

Hi everybody! I hope everybody is well! I hope to read more in 2021. Are usually aim for 100 and only make it to about 75. This year I only made it to about 64. I was lucky though because I won two raffles and claimed one book. I hope everyone Has a very merry Christmas, happy holidays and a wonderful 2021. Let’s all hope for the best! :gift:

2 Likes

:gift:This year, I read over 140 books, and I always review every book I read. I wrote 14 First Impressions for BookishFirst, and I shared 5 reviews. I would not post a review that I was unhappy about, but I did enjoy writing my review for The Rib King by Later Hubbard.

2 Likes
Total books reviewed on BookishFirst - 68
Number of BookishFirst raffle wins - 1 :/
Most read genre - Fiction

:gift:

2 Likes

My most read genre would be young adult and fantasy. I joined recently so I have not won any raffles yet. I have reviewed 3 books on this site. I have read over 90 books this year!!:gift:

2 Likes

:gift: I think this was my favorite review! It was certainly one of my favorite bookish first books of the year. https://www.bookishfirst.com/books/to-sleep-in-a-sea-of-stars/reviews/mezmerizing
:gift: I’ve reviewed a total of 8 books on BookishFirst so far.
:gift: I’ve claimed or won 8 books on BookishFirst! Yay! Thank you :laughing:
:gift: My most read general is Romance, followed closely by Fiction.
:gift: The only other stat I have is that for the year so far I’ve read 51 books, which is a larger than usual number for me in a year, so I’m pretty stoked by that!

Hope everyone has a happy holiday season!

2 Likes

My 2020 reading stats:

94 books read (by far, my most ever!! Purely a result of COVID—I’ll probably never read this much in a year again!)

Favorite book: Shiner, by Amy Jo Burns

Books won/claimed: about 7

Books reviewed: 13ish

Most read genre/ psychological thriller/historical fiction

This year, I also tried to go outside my book “box”. I read more genres than ever before, including some that I hadn’t read before! I read more memoirs, biographies and non fiction, and tried fantasy and satirical books! I didn’t love all of them, but am trying to push myself to be better read!! :gift:

3 Likes

My favorite review that I shared was for The Living Dead!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDeCsVVAKD1/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I believe I reviewed 18 books on BookishFirst, winning 8 from Bookish, claiming 7 and getting 3 from NetGalley.

My most read genres are thrillers and fantasy.

Overall this year, I read over 70 novels!

2 Likes

:gift: I think I have won 2 books this year from Bookish First.
:gift: I have reviewed 5 books.
:gift: I have read 204 books this year to date, but that total will be higher by Dec 31. (My original Goodreads goal was 120…I was trying to read LESS this year.)
:gift: My most read genre was historical fiction.
:gift: I participated in 4 reading challenges this year, and am half a book away from finishing the final challenge.
:gift: I achieved 28 total bingos from January to November on the Bookish First bingo cards.

Thanks for your part in a good book year, Bookish First!

2 Likes

Fav review: My first, The Sin in the Steel
Total reviewed: 8
Wins: 10-11
Most read genre: Probably fantasy
Stats: I’ve been reading a lot more lately and I love that for me!

2 Likes
  • I got Every Last Fear & LOVED it! it was literally my favorite book of the year!
  • i’ve won 3 but only got 2 in the mail so far & only finished/reviewed 1
  • 3 so far! :gift: :gift: :gift:
  • YA contemporary romance!
  • it’s probably not much to many of the people here but i reached my reading goal of 17 books this year & i’m bumping it up to 21 for next year!
3 Likes

:gift: Hi guys! I haven’t been with BookishFirst for very long but have enjoyed making First Impression reviews a part of my Monday morning routine. I have enjoyed spreading the word about this wonderful opportunity and inviting many friends. I met my personal reading goal of 36 books despite hitting a desperate slump related to the start of the pandemic. :mask: total page count of >10,000 with an average rating of 3.7/5. This year brought my very first DNF but also many 5 star reads.

3 Likes

I am a newish user to bookish, so I won I think 3 or 4 books. And I believe I reviewed 2 so far. But I am trying to keep up more with my reading because I love reading so much. I am so glad that I found this site! Nothing can replace the feel of a real book!!! This site has helped me find my love of books again. :books: :open_book: I read a bunch of different genres, I usually stick to fiction definately, but I love crime fiction, thrillers, paranormal romance…:gift::wink:

3 Likes

I have written several reviews on Bookishfirst.com but have not won a single book. To be fair, I will admit that I have not tried to win many. I did buy a book once with my points. I’ll have to go back and see the exact number of reviews I wrote. If I can, I will edit this comment with the number.

2 Likes

What a year! Here’s what I accomplished this year on BookishFirst:

• Favorite Review - I love being able to review Marie Lu. She is one of my automatic reads so to be able to review two of her books this year was really exciting!
  • Total Books Reviewed and Number of Raffle wins - I didn’t keep track of these stats and I’m not sure where to get them here. I will say that at the beginning of the year I was winning books a lot more than I am now. You can tell that there are a lot more users!
  • Most read genre - My most read genre is always Young Adult. Even though I am far from young, I can’t get enough!
  • Exciting stats - My blog and my Instagram pages continue to grow and gain followers. Thanks to everyone who has been a part of them this year!
2 Likes
Favorite review you shared on BookishFirst (share a link!): https://www.bookishfirst.com/books/the-living-dead/reviews/a-work-of-genius
Total books reviewed on BookishFirst: 4
Number of BookishFirst raffle wins: 4
Most read genre: Horror (which is surprising.....50% of my Bookish First reads were horror, but I wouldn't list that as one of my favorite genres)
Share any of your own exciting book-related stats!: I've read 112 total books so far this year, and will probably finish 2-3 more before the 31st!

2 Likes

I’m not 100% sure my responses (above) are live on the site…can someone please comment here if you can see my post sharing my favorite review, etc.?

Thanks!

1 Like

I can see your post, but it looks weird…it’s an old-school typewriter-looking font, and doesn’t match all the others. I’m new here, so I don’t know why. Maybe someone with more experience on the site can help?

2 Likes

Big thank you to BookishFirst for all the awesome titles this year! Happy holidays everyone! :gift: :christmas_tree:

2 Likes

Favorite Review: https://www.bookishfirst.com/books/notorious/reviews/awesome-romance
10 books reviewed on BookishFirst
4 raffle wins
Fantasy was my most read
I read 350 books this year! :gift:

3 Likes