And the rocks with their steepness,
And the earth with its starkness:
All these I place,
By God’s almighty help and grace,
Between myself and the powers of darkness.”

from A Swiftly Tilting Planet by Madeline L’Engle

“I have already lost touch with a couple of people I used to be.”

Joan Didion

“Every time I caught a glimpse of myself in the glass of a shop, I felt I was someone to be taken seriously; not a girl anymore, but a young woman.”
-Memories Of A Geisha by Arthur Golden

“The Mk III model was the sort of military appropriations project that only ever made it from drunken symposium ‘what if’ conversation to deployment if you had a lot of bored engineers with absurd budgets looking for something to do with their time.” - In the Black by Patrick Tomlinson

“Memories warm you up from the inside. But they also tear apart.” - Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami

“The true warrior isn’t immune to fear. She fights in spite of it.” from Love in the Time of Global Warming by Francesca Lia Block.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view—” “Sir?” “—until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.”
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee (my favorite book of all time)

“We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams.–Willy Wonka
Charlie and The Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl

It was a pleasure to burn. - Ray Bradbury Farenheit 451

“That’s the truth of the world, Jessica,” he says, casually full-naming me to let me know something big is coming. “Nobody waves—but everybody waves back.”

I hear his mic drop all the way from Chicago.

Jessica Pan, Sorry I’m Late, I Didn’t Want to Come: An Introvert’s Year of Living Dangerously

(https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/41577600-sorry-i-m-late-i-didn-t-want-to-come)

“we are all dealt a hand at birth. A good hand can ultimately lose just as a poor hand can win, but we must all play the cards that fate deals. The choices we face may not be the choices we want, but they are choices nonetheless” -A Curse so Dark and Lonely

“In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move .”

The classic words of Douglas Adams.

“Crows remember human faces. They remember the people who feed them, who are kind to them. And the people who wrong them too. They don’t forget. They tell each other who to look after and who to watch out for.”
-Crooked Kingdom

“I don’t want sunbursts or marble halls, I just want you.” ~L.M. Montgomery

The only meaningful thing we can offer one another is love. Not advice, not questions about our choices, not suggestions for the future, just love.
Glennon Melton

“Every so often, life offers you a reset button. When it does, you need to press it as hard as you can.” –Jules, remembering something her sister Jane once said to her, from “Lock Every Door” by Riley Sager.

Let it go.
-elsa

(I don’t need 20 characters)

“So it goes” - Slaughterhouse-Five

Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has left to hang on to. ~Delores Claiborne.

“If we studied birds, maybe we could learn to be free.” - Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe