Friday Question #10: What is your go-to genre to escape into?

Historical fiction, YA (work at a high school so read books that I can recommend to students but surprisingly, I like them), romance, mystery/suspense

I switch a lot! But there are two genres I never don’t feel like reading: Horror (specifically psychological horror) and mental health YA fiction (is that a genre?). Those are my go to but I’ll give anything a try other than strait romance… No offense meant, just not for me.

1 Like

Historical fiction, definitely. :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Thrillers. They are always fast-paced and keep my brain working and me entertained. I can always pick one up if I’m in a reading slump and they usually get me out of it!

Historical fiction! I love being transported to another time! Thrillers are fun, but never as all-consuming as historical fiction in my opinion.

Science Fiction and Mysteries. A perfect combination is the Retrieval Artist series by Kristine Kathryn Rusch.

2 Likes

Mystery / suspense and historical fiction

1 Like

Mystery/ thriller are go-tos for me

1 Like

Ya and/or fantasy are my to-go-to’s when I NEED an escape. Anything with its own magical world I can get lost in💛

1 Like

Historical fiction :yellow_heart:

1 Like

My go to is thriller!

Agatha, always!

Definitely psychological thrillers/suspense, horror my very close second!

Fantasy. It’s my all time favorite genre.

1 Like

Historical fiction is my go to, especially if it has a strong female protagonist. I’m also drawn to setting - sometimes I’m in the mood to read about cultures and lands I have not yet been exposed to, and other times I want to read of vacation spots previously travelled. My other favorite setting draw is books that have some tie to my home states of Pennsylvania or Massachusetts.

Mysteries, thrillers, suspense…and then I’ll throw in a chick-lit for something light-hearted

My go to easy reads our books by Clive Cussler or Janet Ivanovic. For a little scary and weird I would go to Deane Koontz

1 Like

I’ve been reading a lot of Young Adult Fantasy books in the past few years and I still love reading them!

1 Like

I always find myself coming back to historical fiction

1 Like

Historical fiction for me​:heart::heart:

1 Like