Friday Question #103 - 2022 Book Adaptations

Happy Friday, Readers!

What book adaptations are you looking forward to in 2022?

I’m looking forward to seeing the movie based on the book THE MARSH KING’S DAUGHTER by Karen Dionne.

2 Likes

I’m eager to see other readers’ responses. I honestly don’t know of any book adaptions coming this year. I do, however, always look forward to any adaption of fairy tales by Melissa de la Cruz. She’s such a creative writer. I share her books with my 13 year old niece and we both love her stories.

2 Likes

I’m not into book adaptions

The book was better! Lol.

I don’t think I’ve read many books that are being adapted this year. I suppose I’m interested in the next season of the Bridgertons. I recently read The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry and I understand that will become a movie this year, but it’s unlikely I’ll watch it, because I don’t watch much tv/many movies.

Oh, Oh! I MAY watch the Nightingale if that comes out. I did love that book-- my first Kristin Hannah book. That has some good movie potential.

1 Like

The second season of Bridgerton based off The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn.

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to the TV series adaptation of Jenny Han’s The Summer I Turned Pretty! I read this series years ago and remember thinking it would make the perfect summer TV show. I can’t wait!

I just read that ABC is going to do a series on Karin slaughter’s will Trent series.

Excited about: Lord of The Rings, A Game of Thrones prequel, The School for Good and Evil, House of the Dragon, Dune 2, The Witcher: Blood Origin, Naomi, Marry Me, and more (these the ones I can think of off top of my head and a quick google search).

I would like to see more contemporaries (and scifis) but am really into the fantasies I noticed.