Friday Question #123 - LGBTQ+ Audiobook Recommendations

Happy Pride Month! :rainbow_flag:

What LGBTQ+ audiobooks are you listening to this month? or what are your go-to recommendations?

Ones Iā€™ve read this month:

Shatter the Sky by Rebecca Kim Wells

Fire with Fire by Destiny Soria

Paybackā€™s a Witch by Lana Harper

Cool for the Summer by Dahlia Adler

1 Like

I really enjoyed both The House in the Cerulean Sea and Under the Whispering Door by T.J. Klune.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, Iā€™ve never listened to an audio book. Friends keep recommending I do soā€¦so maybe Iā€™ll try that soon.

1 Like

The only time I listen to audiobooks is when Iā€™m on a road-trip. The last audio book I listen to was ā€œMurder on the Orient Expressā€, on a cross country road-trip. It was good. Now I need to see the movie.

I just finished listening to I Kissed Shara Wheeler by Casey McQuiston! It was a very enjoyable listen

1 Like

I recently listened to The Romantic Agenda by Claire Kann and loved it! Highly recommend if youā€™re looking for great asexual rep!

2 Likes

I recently listened to and enjoyed:
A Gentlemanā€™s Guide to Vice & Virtue
The House in the Cerulean Sea

1 Like

I canā€™t say that Iā€™ve read anyā€¦I donā€™t look at the authors orientation before I decide to read a bookā€¦and I donā€™t think Iā€™ve read any with LGBTQ+ charactes, but then that isnā€™t why I read a book

I have not read either of these, but for those who participate in the free sync audiobook program in the summers the two free books this week are both YA LGBTQ. The books are Fence: Striking Distance and Honestly Ben. You will need to download the Sora app in order to listen to the books, but there is no obligation to buy anything.

1 Like

Iā€™m listening to The Damning Stone by TJ Klune which is the 5th ā€œTales from Veraniaā€ book, warning these are not like his standalone and are very adult with lots of m/m sexual humor! But hilarious!

1 Like

Iā€™m not good with audiobooksā€¦my mind wanders too much

1 Like

I really enjoyed Danny Pellegrinoā€™s ā€œHow Do I Un-remember This?: Unfortunately True Stories.ā€ I didnā€™t know him or his podcast before listening to his audiobook, but I found it funny and heartfelt.

I loved Kal Pennā€™s ā€œYou Canā€™t Be Serious.ā€ I appreciate his stories from childhood and I was impressed with his work in advancing Asian American/Pacific Islander representation and power in the entertainment industry.

Other LGBTQ+ audiobooks that Iā€™d recommend (bc these arenā€™t just limited to Pride Month!):
The Guncle (Steven Rowley)
City of Girls (Elizabeth Gilbert)
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo (Taylor Jenkins Reid)
The Death of Vivek Oji (Akwaeke Emezi)
The Black Flamingo (Dean Atta)
Felix Ever After (Kacen Calender)
All Boys Arenā€™t Blue (George Johnson)
Autoboyography (Christina Lauren)

1 Like