Friday Question #131 - Favorite Bookish Photos

It’s World Photography Day! Share a link to your favorite Bookstagram or other bookish photo you’ve taken and shared on your social media. Why is it your favorite?

I took this last month Vero 📚 Bibliophile on Instagram: "🌟 Seguimos con los retellings de clásicos. Under a Dancing Star está inspirada en una de mis obras favoritas; Mucho ruido y pocas nueces. Solo que esta vez está situado en los 30s, en la campiña italiana, asi o mas perfecto para el verano. ¿En dónde les gustaría pasar sus vacaciones?⠀ ⠀ ¿Cliché romántico favorito?. Esta obra es uno de los primeros ejemplos de enemies to lovers y algo que me encanta es que el romance es algo que todavía funcionaria, Benedict y Beatriz se odian y siempre están discutiendo, un día sus amigos deciden jugarse una broma y comentan que el otro tiene un crush pero no se atreve a confesarlo por miedo al rechazo, encantados con la idea, es cuando los sentimientos afloran. ⠀ ⠀ Es una obra divertida y el retelling es igual de ingenioso. Es una lectura bonita y ligera, tiene un aire old fashion como L.M Montgomery y Eva Ibbotson. ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ 🌟 We continue with the retellings of classics. Under a Dancing Star is inspired by one of my favorite plays; Much ado About Nothing. Only this time it's set in the 30s, in the Italian countryside, perfect summer setting. Where is your perfect vacation?⠀ ⠀ Favorite romantic trope? This work is one of the first examples of enemies to lovers and something that I love is that romance is something that would still work, Benedict and Beatriz hate each other, the banter is hilarious, until one day their friends decide to play a joke and comment that the other has a crush but doesn't dare to confess it for fear of rejection, delighted with the idea, they fall in love. ⠀ ⠀ It's a fun play and the retelling is just as witty. It's a lovely light read with a similar vibe of LM Montgomery and Eva Ibbotson.⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀" and is one of my favorites, because i think the flowers and sun rays match with the cover design

2 Likes

That’s a beautiful picture! The book seems interesting too.

1 Like

I shared this picture last month. Meet Me By The Fountain by Alexandra Lange. It’s one of my favorite nonfiction reads of the year.

1 Like

its a lovely story, is a YA retelling of Much Ado About Nothing, set in Italy 30s

2 Likes

BooksTattoosCoffee is my book insta

2 Likes

This photo I took of Felix Ever After is one of my all time favorites!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDT18yjg7US/

2 Likes

1 Like