Friday Question #133 - Video Game Adaptation

Happy September, Readers!

What book or series would be a fun video game adaptation?

Guess there aren’t a lot of gamers on here… :laughing: I would say The Witcher series by Andrzej Sapkowski, but it’s already been done many times over!

Pretty much any fantasy / sci-fi or adventure series with fleshed out interesting worlds would work for MMOs or RPGs:
The First Law Series by Joe Abercrombie (This would be amazing, full of fighting and magic and intrigue)
Cassie Palmer series by Karen Chance (As the Pythia, a kind of time warden, Cassie has some neat skills that might translate well)
The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare (Angels vs. Demons)
Ex-Heroes series by Peter Clines (There are already a surplus of zombie games and I play a lot of them… but Superheroes vs. Zombies? Yes, please!)
The Lightbringer Series by Brent Weeks (Cool magic system)

The IQ series by Joe Ide might make for some interesting mystery point-and-click adventure games in the vein of the Agatha Christie games.

Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater for a racing game?? I don’t play many racing games, so I’m not sure if it would work / make a fully fleshed out game.

I’ve never played any romance games, but if Penny Reid had a visual novel series, I would play the heck out of it.

Since it’s almost October, I’ll throw in FantasticLand by Mike Bockoven for a creepy horror game.

2 Likes