Friday Question #173 - Mid Year Reading Check In

Happy Friday, Readers!

We can’t believe we’re at the midway point of our reading year. How are your reading goals looking so far?

2 Likes

My goal this year was to read 125 books. I just finished book #94 The Connellys of County Down (loved it) and am now on book #95.

2 Likes

I’m slightly behind! I need to read 3 more books before Sunday. (I think I can manage it though!)

1 Like

I really don’t set reading goals. Who needs the stress?! I just have fun jumping into new stories. My husband and I have a saying, “Book Ceremony”, when we start a new book. And tonight is Book Ceremony for me. I’m going to start reading “The Connelly’s of County Down”.

2 Likes

Set a Goodreads goal of 50 and am on 46…but I have so many NetGalley books to get to because publishers won’t stop putting up great books :joy:

2 Likes

No goals, just want to get my TBR piles down to a reasonable level. My count is at 110 books read so far this year. Took some time out to crochet an afghan and work gets in the way of course.

1 Like

I get it! So many good books have been released lately…and just more to come.

1 Like

I suppose it’s a very good problem to have for us :smile:

I finished my Goodreads goal a few weeks ago but it was only 30.

1 Like

I don’t set a total goal. I just try to beat last year when I read or listened to 182 books. I’m at 104 today so if I keep it up I am in good shape to finish well ahead of last year.

1 Like