Friday Question # 18: What book would you want to experience again for the first time?

It’s Friday, so you know what that means: time for this week’s question!

What book do you wish you could experience again for the first time?

2 Likes

This is going back a ways, but I’d love to reread the Babysitters Club and Nancy Drew Series and have them be just as fun as they were back in the day. Hoping my daughter may like to give them a spin some day!

That is SUCH a tough question! I love re-reading books because I get something more out of them every time I read them. But what would I want to read for the first time again? I think To Kill a Mockingbird, but honestly I’m not really sure.

Several Stephen King books, Salem’s Lot & IT just to name two. I actually reread Nancy Drew books in recent years that I’ve had since I was in elementary school.

I would say “A List Of Cages” by Robin Roe. I wish I could meet those characters for the first time again.

Rebecca :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Oh, definitely Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice. Definitely.

I would love to read The Enchanted Barn again by Grace Livingston Hill. My mother read her books all the time and this is the first one that I actually read as an adult.

American Dirt! I am recommending it to everyone.

Oh my! That’s a great question. Of my recent reads, I’d love to experience the Legend series by Marie Lu again. Those four books were all wonderful and if love to be able to read them all back-to-back for the first time!

1 Like

Harry Potter! Rereading is fantastic but I would love to have the experience of coming into the world of magic for the first time again.

1 Like

I would like to read GONE WITH THE WIND for the first time again. That book entertained me, took me away to new places and also gave me a real hero to think about when I was having a tough time during my teen years.

1 Like

So many, but the one that always comes to mind first is the Harry Potter series. The magic of the books is entrancing, and the revelations made in books 5-7 shocked me.

The other book I’d love to experience again is The Kiss of Deception. I loved that you didn’t know who was who until the very end of the book. I was back and forth about who was the assassin and who was the prince the whole time! I was wrong, by the way :joy:

Regretting You! Best book I’ve read so far. Colleen Hoover made a fan outta me😁

Ooooh, Harry Potter series would be a great one. Talk about magic!! I saw the movies first and way after it all ended so missed out on that first dramatic experience.

For me it has to be Let’s Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson. This book showed me what a variety the world of nonfiction can hold, plus introduced me to blogs. (I was pretty late to the game ok…). It’s still one of my all-time favorites.

I’d love to re-experience it again because I laughed SO MUCH the first time that my boss at the library was convinced to buy some copies just from hearing me laugh so much reading it while I was at work! (It was ok to read during shifts when we worked at the library haha).

1 Like

Harry Potter. I read it last year, but the excitement of not knowing what was to come but also having so many people excited to watch me read it! I devoured those books in 2 weeks (the entire series) over Christmas holiday. I may never be able to find something that give me that much joy over reading. Then I had a Harry Potter movie marathon. I cannot believe that I waited that long to read them. But it was a great time to read them, because I need them at that time in my life

1 Like

Man this is a difficult one! I think I would say a tie between The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson, The Ruins by Scott Smith, and Pet Semetary by Stephen King.

Today my mood is my first Erik Larson! They are all good. Devil in the White City probably my favorite. A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles if I did not know that twist at the end! (I am sure they’ll ruin the movie like they did Bill Bryson’s A Walk in the Woods!) So many new books to read though…

The World According To Garp by John Irving

I only ever read it once as I didn’t think my heart could take a second reading, but to re-experience the total absorption, heartbreak, joy and understanding of the exquisite pain of life and death again for the first time would be a wonderful thing. I can still see myself 30 years ago lying in bed, finishing it, sobbing, laughing and not wanting to ever put it down or lose that moment.

1 Like

Black city or the divergent series or possibly the infernal devices series