Friday Question #182 - Books with a Librarian Character

Happy Friday!

Share a book recommendation that features a librarian character and help a fellow reader check off a square on their September Bookish Bingo board!

1 Like

I’m reading And Ladies of the Club by Helen Hoover Santmyer. The ladies of the book club run a local library and serve as volunteer librarians.

1 Like

I’ve read The Book Spy by Alan Hlad. It’s a historical fiction about real-life librarian spies who hunted down intelligence throughout Europe during WWII.

Things We Left Behind by Lucy Score. The main character Sloane is a librarian. You could also read the whole Knockemout series because she is in all of them.

The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches by Sangu Mandanna
The Personal Librarian by Marie Benedict
The Librarian Spy by Madeline Martin
What You Wish For by Katherine Center
The Good Sister by Sally Hepworth - One sister works in the library. I don’t recall if she’s officially a librarian, but I think she might be.

1 Like

How Can I Help You by Laura Sims

1 Like

The Library of Broken Worlds
https://amzn.to/44SGXvP

The Midnight Library!

The Midnight Library by Matt Haig | Goodreads

1 Like

Izzy Hoffman is Not a Witch by Alyssa Alessi

The midnight library. - Matt haig
The archive of the un forgotten series - a j hackwith

The Aurora Teagarden series by Charlaine Harris has a Librarian main character.

Within the pages of “And Ladies of the Club” by Helen Hoover Santmyer, I’ve come across a fascinating character who stands out prominently in the narrative—the librarian. This character adds a unique dimension to the story and plays a significant role in the lives of the club members.

The librarian, whose name is Miss Nevers, serves as a symbol of knowledge and connection in the small town of Waynesboro, Ohio. Her role in the ladies’ literary club is pivotal, as she assists the members in selecting books, organizing their meetings, and nurturing their intellectual pursuits.