Friday Question #190 - Character is a Writer

Happy Friday, Readers!

What’s your favorite book that features a character who is a writer?

1 Like

Not sure I have a favorite, but I just finished Nora Goes Off Script, which was good. I also recently read In a Dark, Dark Wood and I’m currently reading People We Meet on Vacation, which feature writers. I loved The Wishing Game and Once Upon a Wardrobe. The Thirteenth Tale was also very good. I haven’t read Yellowface, but I’ve heard good things. I keep thinking of more as I’m writing this!

1 Like

I think I’d always pick Jo March of Little Women as my favorite character who is a writer.

1 Like

An oldie but a goodie for me personally would be Misery by Stephen King and a more recent read would be Yellowface by Rebecca Kuang.

1 Like

One of my top choices, though i don’t know if it counts technically, is Edgar Allan Poe, from The Raven’s Tale by Cat Winters.

11/22/63 by Stephen King. I know he was a teacher, but wasn’t he also a writer? Misery by Stephen King is a good one too. He was definitely a writer. That’s what the book was about, as a matter of fact.

The Fiction Writer by Jillian Cantor: from Amazon: The Fiction Writer follows a writer hired by a handsome billionaire to write about his family history with Daphne du Maurier and finds herself drawn into a tangled web of obsession, marital secrets, and stolen manuscripts.

Divine Rivals is a newer read that seems to be incorporating this pretty well! :smiling_face:

Kill Your Darlings by L E Harper is by far my favorite book with an author as a main character.