Friday Question #209 - Best April Read

Happy Friday, Readers!

What was the best book you read in April? Share your book recs here!

1 Like

I had a great reading month in April. I loved Born a Crime by Trevor Noah, Darling Girls by Sally Hepworth, and Just a Regular Boy by Catherine Ryan Hyde. The Scent of Rain and Lightning by Nancy Pickard, Dead Center by David Rosenfelt, and The Secret Book of Flora Lea by Patti Callahan Henry were also very good. I don’t know that I could pick a favorite. I would recommend all of them.

1 Like

I started Stephanie Danler’s Sweetbitter and love it so far. I also read Ruby McConnell’s Ground Truth… her writing is wonderful, I particularly enjoyed the memoir aspect. I also started How to Make an American Quilt, which was a favorite movie as a child.

It’s hard to pick 1 favorite book since I read so many and a variety of genres.

Here are a few favorites:
:books: Tolerable: Steamy Pride and Prejudice Variation
:books: A Charming Hope: A Frog Prince Retelling
:books: Dad Bod: Wolf Shifter

I only read one 5/5 book in April and it was a reread for my bookclub: This Is How You Lose The Time War.

Not a brand new book, but it rates five stars: THE POWER COUPLE By Alex Berenson. This is my first book by Berenson, and now I am looking to read his backlist.

My best reads for April were Becoming Madame Secretary by Stephanie Dray and The Phoenix Crown by Janie Chang and Kate Quinn. Both long historicals and both beautifully written: 5/5 each.

The Women by Kristin Hannah and The Housemaid’s Secret by Freida McFadden were both solid 5’s.

The best book(s) in April was the Rules book by Sarah Adams and also a Good Marriage by Kimberly McCreight