Friday Question #22: How do you organize your shelves?

Most of mine are ebooks at the moment. The others are packed in a box that I keep meaning to organize. Of course, that would mean I had to clear the junk that already occupies the bookshelf!

I have a nice little study/reading nook. Several bookshelves all very well organized by genre, author, and alphabetical order (with the exception of favorite authors). I have shelves on all walls, and working on building floor to ceiling shelves for more room.
I also have a nice relaxing reading recliner, and a vintage desk with nice build in shelves on the ends.

I currently have 3 bookcases lol & a slightly chaotic method right now. A TBR shelf or two, my favorite ARCā€™s, ARCā€™s, read older books inc sets by authors and horror shelves. But I know exactly where each book is on 14 shelves & my coffee tablešŸ˜‚

1 Like

Mine are separated by fiction & non-fiction. Fiction is organized by authorā€™s last name and non-fiction is organized by topic.

There is not really any organization. I try to put topics and series together, but in all reality I have way more books than bookshelf space.

1 Like

Mine are organized by subject like all cookbooks together, all fiction, etc. then once in their categories they are arranged by author then chronologically.

Iā€™m in the process of consolidating my shelves and have been thinking of organizing my books into 2 categoriesā€“finished copies and ARCsā€“then organizing them alphabetically by Authorā€™s Last Name, Authorā€™s First Name. Originally I considered organizing the books by genre but a lot of the books overlap genres

I organize my book shelves by author last name. Makes it easy to find.