Friday Question #29: What was your last five star read?

Happy Friday, BookishFirst Readers!

What was your last five star read? We want to know your best recent book recommendations!

It was an ARC, so you can’t read it yet sorry, but Burn Our Bodies Down by Rory Power which is set to publish in July. It’s a YA horror, and it’s a creepy little book, but the power behind the message really made me fall in love with it.

3 Likes

On Ocean Boulevard by Mary Alice Monroe.

Beach Read by Emily Henry!

1 Like

My last 5 star read was “Three” by Kristen Simmons. It is the third and final book is the Article 5 Series.

My last 5 star read was A Good Maariage actually. I really enjoyed it!

1 Like

My last five star was Cilka’s Journey! Before that it had been a bit for a five star read.

1 Like

Safecracker by Ryan Wick:

2 Likes

OOO I’ve entered a goodreads giveaway for that one, I’m happy to hear it was good!

Maybe You Should Talk to Someone… so good!

It was, but another 5 star for me was

1 Like

The Vanishing Deep!!

The Dearly Beloved by Cara Wall

“East Coast Girls” by Kerry Kletter. Four BFFs and a tragedy that haunts them. Nothing new in the plot arena, but it is beautifully written. Dare I say it: literary chick-lit!

Florence Adler Swims Forever! It’s out on 7/7/20

Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno Garcia, LOVED this book

My last five star read was Girls with Razor Hearts by Suzanne Young. It was such a great book. I really hope she releases a third book for the series.

Sigh, Gone by Phuc Tran

My last five star read was My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows. It’s a book from my backlist that kept me laughing the entire way through.

My most recent 5 star reads were The Other Americans by Laila Lalami and Giovanni’s Room by James Baldwin.