Friday Question #42: What was the best book you read in October?

Happy Friday, BookishFirst Readers!

What was the best book you read this month? Share your book recs here!

2 Likes

I loved Notorious by Minerva Spencer. I love bickering in a romance and this book made me laugh throughout.

1 Like

I really enjoyed NPC’s by Drew Hayes this month. And I’m currently reading Killer Politics by Norman Brewer which is pretty trippy, but also so far extremely interesting!

Just finished J. P Delaney’s Playing Nice and loved it!

2 Likes

I was only able to read one book this month, but it was Now That I’ve Found You by Kristina Forest.

1 Like

tie between:

The Talented Miss Farwell by Emily Gray Tedrowe

That Old Dead Magic (#12 in the Rat Pack Mystery Series) by Robert J. Randisi

The Blacksmith Queen by G. A. Aiken.

The Invisible Life Of Addie LaRue by V. E. Schwab (literally just finished it :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

I absoutely loved The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue! I cried for a solid hour after reading it and was in the worst book hangover for days! Such a beautiful book. :heart:

3 Likes

Literally finished it not 20 minutes ago and I’m still trying to wrap my head around how much I really enjoyed it! I’m definitely feeling the start of my own book hangover for days to come too :crazy_face:

1 Like

The best book I finished this month was probably Cress by Marissa Meyer!

I’m so glad you enjoyed it! You’ll definitely be experiencing a big book hangover :joy: Wasn’t the writing just so beautiful?? I have always been a fan of Schwab and this book is by far my favorite of hers now.

2 Likes

Sooooo beautiful! She’s such a spectacular storyteller. This is the first book I’ve read by her but I definitely will be reading more from her!

Dracula :vampire:‍♂ by Bram Stoker. A great classic leading to many books of the same horror, including the popular “The Walking Dead”.

A Solitude of Wolverines. That was a book that I could not put down.

1 Like

The best book I read this month was So You Want to Talk About Race?

1 Like

The Whisper Man - Alex North

Was sooo much more than I thought it would be.

1 Like

A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson - so many twists I could not put it down therefore it’s an immersive quick read lol perfect amount of thriller/crime mystery. Very much anticipating the second book, but it’s due not until spring of next year.

1 Like

It’s a tie between The Camino Club by Kevin Craig and Crush by Tracy Wolff

The best book I read was The Canyon’s Edge by Dusti Bowling.