Friday Question #57: What is your favorite audiobook?

Happy Friday, BookishFirst Readers!

Firstly, do you listen to audiobooks? If so, what is the best audiobook that you’ve ever listened to?

1 Like

Love audiobooks, which makes this an impossible question! I did think the Lincoln in the Bardo audio was like nothing I’d heard before - really enjoyed the full cast bringing that book to life.

1 Like

I’ve just started listening to audiobooks in the last year or so and I’m so glad I did. It is so nice to listen in the car or when I’m cleaning to make the time pass faster. I really enjoyed the Lara Jean series To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before on audio and I listened to the Land of Stories series with my kids and highly recommend them. They are read by the author and he puts so much into each character and had us laughing out loud every book. So fun!

I’m not one for audiobooks but my teacher had the audiobook for Born a Crime read by Trevor Noah himself. I read the book ahead of the class, so I listened to the audio version as they read it. It had to be one of the best experiences ever. He would do the voices for his mom of grandmother and could actually pronounce the names within the book because he speaks the language.

1 Like

I enjoy audio books when driving, working around the house & at bedtime. I absolutely love Penelope Keith reading the Agatha Raisin cozy mysteries by MC Beaton.

I just started getting into them last year and so far I can only seem to get into romances. HOWEVER I did listen to Jennifer Lewis autobiography and I LOVED it.

I’m a relatively new audiobook reader, only started in this format a little over a year ago. I’ve only listened to about a dozen audiobooks thus far, but I absolutely loved Where’d You Go, Bernadette. Kathleen Wilhoite narrated this book and is the sole reason I’m into audiobooks today. Having said that, I do love reading any Toni Morrison book in this format because Toni Morrison narrated all of her audiobooks. BONUS!

I very much enjoy audio books. I recently listened to The Golden Compass, and was very impressed with the narration. I had read it previously, and wanted to read it again after watching the show.

I have so many favorites mainly because I love specific narrators! The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas, Dear Martin by Nic Stone, The Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole, Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid and so many more

No I don,t listen to audio books .

Yes! I love listening to audiobooks. I think my favorite was Becoming by Michelle Obama because it is read by the author and I felt like Michelle and I were 2 old friends hanging out, drinking coffee while she told me about her story. Sometimes it’s all about the narrator

My vision is impaired so I listen to audiobooks more than I read physical books and ebooks. I love memoirs that are narrated by the author. It’s hard to choose 1 book, though. the narrator can make or break a book. So often, they are as important as the book itself. Most recently, I listened to The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V. E. Schwab and it is one of my absolute favorites. I know this book isn’t for everyone but I kept listening to it before bed and all of a sudden it was 3am. Lol! I was sad to finish it and I will miss her but never forget her.

I am not that interested in audiobooks, but if i am given an opportunity to try some audiobooks, i am open-minded to give it a try.

I do not listen to audiobooks…

I don’t usually listen to audiobooks, but I just downloaded an app for discounted audios and look forward to trying it.

I admittedly have never listened to an audiobook. It’s a quirk of mine- I can’t stand someone even reading a newspaper article or text to me so I always figured I’d hate audiobooks.

I love Audiobooks, my favorites are when the author of the book reads their own audiobook. Some of my favorite audiobook biographies are, Born a Crime by Trevor Noah, Greenlights by Matthew McConaughy and Open Book by Jessica Simpson.
I love Julia Whalen and Bahni Turpin though as narrators of fiction books! My all-time favorite (and most recommended) fiction Audiobook is Nothing to See Here by Kevin Wilson! Hysterical!

I do not listen to audio books. I prefer reading a book I can hold, and smell the new book smell or the old book smell that brings back childhood memories.

Ask me 6 months ago and I would have said no to listening to audiobooks, but I have been on an audiobook kick as of late. I’ve lost a lot of my reading time, so audiobooks have been my go-to. My all-time favorite is Continuum: A Short Story Collection by Chad Lester. I love short stories and this collection was awesome. If you enjoy short stories, this is must read or listen in this case. I’ve been lucky enough to listen to the audiobook and read the physical copy

Completely agree! I recommend this audiobook all the time. Great cast of characters.

1 Like