Friday Question #72: Which audiobook did you most recently enjoyed listening to?

Happy Friday, BookishFirst Readers - it’s Audiobook Month!

To celebrate share the audiobook you most recently enjoyed listening to:

The Last House on Needless Street!

I don’t usually listen to audiobooks, but I’ve started at my new job. I just finished listening to Red Queen. I’ve read it before and enjoyed it as much as I did the first time! The narrator was great.

Cicely Tyson’s Just As I Am. It’s as close to perfect as an audiobook can get. Exquisite.

I love audiobooks! I just listened to In An Instant by Suzanne Redfearn and thought it was excellent. Fabulous narration! I also listened to How to Walk Away by Catherine Center, which I greatly enjoyed and The Guest List by Lucy Foley, which was really engaging even though the connections were unbelievable. I am now listening to The Maidens by Alex Michaelides and I can’t put it down. I am on a great audio streak!

1 Like

I have this to listen to soon! What did you think of it?

1 Like

Yeah, I was so happy to get a copy of the audiobook in order to review it! I really liked the book, it had some really unique elements. If you want to you can read my review that goes into more depth https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/4003596130?book_show_action=false&from_review_page=1

Great review. :slight_smile: Liked. I plan to read it a little closer to pub date. I’m really excited for it.

1 Like

Catch and Kill by Ronan Farrow…best audio book I’ve ever listened to!

Sylvester by Georgette Heyer. It was a really fun romp and is one of my first foray’s into Heyer’s works.

Everything Beautiful in its Time by Jenna Bush Hager. Loved it!!

Michelle Buteau’s Survival of the Thickest: Essays. I think she’s a hilarious comedian and she narrates her own book.
Other audiobooks I enjoyed were Jo Koy’s Mixed Plate, Leslie Jordan’s How Y’all Doing?, and Ali Wong’s Dear Girls. These audiobooks were all narrated by the authors and I think that makes them even more memorable.

Broken by Jenny Lawson!

I just finished Pachinko and thoroughly enjoyed it. The life stories and the cultural issues are well done in this book. The narration is spot on perfect. Highly recommend it.