Friday Question #78: Childhood favorites

Happy Friday, BookishFirst Readers!

As avid readers, our love of books started early in life. Which books are your childhood favorites?

The Nancy Drew Series!

1 Like

I loved books by Judy Blume.

1 Like

I didn’t like reading until middle school, so the first books I fell in love with were the Divergent series!

Berenstain Bears and Clifford the big red dog

1 Like

The Junie B. Jones books really got me into reading :slight_smile:

1 Like

Picture book: Where the Wild Things Are
Chapter books: any novel by John Bellairs. He got me into creepy scary novels :slight_smile:

I loved Laura Ingles Wilder and the Hardy Boys.

Nancy Drew and the Cherry Ames mystery series.

1 Like

When I was quite young, I loved the Berenstain Bears, Clifford, Mercer Mayer’s Little Critter books, the Frances the Badger books, and the Franklin the Turtle books. (I’m sensing a theme here!)

Later, A Wrinkle in Time became a favorite and I still love it.

1 Like

I loved Bridge to Terabithia when I first started to get into chapter books. In Jr. High I discovered Forever… by Judy Blume and feel for romance books.

1 Like

I loved Goosebumps, Boxcar Children, Sweet Valley High, and Babysitters Club!

1 Like

My elementary school english teacher always encouraged us to go to the library to borrow books of Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys, and this is how i learn my english.

Nancy Drew was my absolute favorite, my Mom gave me her childhood collection.

I loved Savvy by Ingrid Law when I was younger!

Elementary school I loved: The Series of Unfortunate Events books by Lemony Snicket (which I randomly picked out from the library) and Misty of Chincoteague books by Marguerite Henry (which we read the first book in class and I continued the series)

Middle School I loved: The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Series by Ann Brashares (although I never finished it)

Babysitters club
Harry Potter of course
Where the sidewalk ends
Scary stories to read in the dark
Fear street
Anne of green gables
(Trying to go with things read before middle school and realizing these are basic lol)