Friday Question #83 Vacation Reads

It’s the last Friday of August! We hope you have a great weekend with lots of good reads!

Do you bring books with you on vacation? If so, what’s your ideal vacation read?

I always bring books with me on vacation. I don’t have an ideal vacation read because I normally just read what I would have if I was at home, anything to get through the books on the principal tbr list!

1 Like

I always bring a couple of books with me on vacation. It depends on the type of vacation. If it’s visiting family, I just bring my current book and another. If it’s a specific place I’m visiting - ie beach, lake - I try to take a couple of books that take place on the same type of setting.

1 Like

I always bring a huge stack of books on vacation! I’m a big mood reader so I like to have lots of options. My ideal vacation read is something that is short and light so I can feel like I’m getting lots of reading done, haha!

1 Like

Even before I had access to ebooks, I always had 1-2 books with me. Even not on vacation. :grinning: now I carry them everywhere on my phone so I don’t have extra weight. Unless I don’t have a digital copy available, then I bring the book.

2 Likes

I always have a book with me wherever I go! Whether it’s a print book, Kindle or iPad or just on my phone. It’s a habit I started when I learned to read. I hate being bored!

2 Likes

Same here! I would feel naked if I didn’t have something to read in me. Seriously, I don’t know what I’m thinking driving my kids to school, I have to have my Kindle. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Definitely bring books on vacay. A summer rom-com is perfect for the beach.

2 Likes

I usually bring just whatever book I am currently reading, and another random book in case I finish the first!

2 Likes

Always! I like something light like a rom-com or a super easy read.

2 Likes

I always bring a couple of books. Usually paperbacks that are easy to pack

3 Likes

Yes. I would bring a mystery, woman’s fiction or historical fiction. Thank you.

2 Likes

Always have a book with me no matter where I am heading! It would not be a vacation if I couldn’t have a book!

3 Likes

Always have a book with me no matter where I am heading!

3 Likes

Always! I definitely take a couple of books with me along with my Kindle. Vacations are usually a time for good mysteries and light reading.

2 Likes

It is a must to bring a NEW book on vacation with me! Even though all books are a mini-vacations in-itself. My ideal read is anything I’m in the mood for; could be a mystery, romance or even an autobiography. History of the area I’m in is fun to read too.

2 Likes

Oh absolutely take books on vacation. Always a variety. One on Kindle, one I can hold in my hands and an audiobook. Probably a psychological thriller and horror for sure.

2 Likes