Friday Question #84 First Read of September

Happy September, Readers!

How did you choose your first read of September? Are you finishing a book that you started in August? Starting something totally new? Working on a reading challenge or prompt for BookishBingo?

I’m finishing an August book. Working on “A Court of Wings and Ruin” by Sarah Maas which can be a bingo square too. Picked bc I’m working through this series.

2 Likes

I’m finishing up an ARC of The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood! I started it on the last day of August. I usually try to wrap up everything I’m reading before a new month starts but I was in the middle of 3 books, haha!

1 Like

How do you like it so far? I have it on my TBR and can’t wait to read it! @bookish_hallie

2 Likes

I’m finishing up The Heart Principle which I started toward the end of August.

2 Likes

My first read was a book I started in August.

2 Likes

I’m currently reading an ARC of Crimes and Covers by Amanda Flower.

2 Likes

I started a new one for September. I am currently reading The Inheritance Games.

2 Likes

I was finishing two books carried over from August–Wundersmith (Nevermoor #2) and A Clash of Steel. Then I read Chlorine Sky yesterday and it is really good.

2 Likes

I am finishing a book I started in August. I will then be reading a book club book for Brenda Novak’s book club.

2 Likes

I recently received my ARC for So Many Beginnings, so that’s what I’m working on. It’s quite good, so far.

2 Likes

I was finishing up a couple of books, both started in August. I have 1 ARC left on my iPad and a stack of physical books that I purchased. I have also checked out two children’s books from the library (and finished those quickly, of course.)

2 Likes

The book I chose was one that I agreed to review. “A Sparrow Alone” by Mim Eichmann…three stars

2 Likes

My First Read of September was The Rehearsals by Annette Christie

2 Likes

@jen.ni I loved it so much!! It was a fun take on the fake dating trope! It definitely has some heavier themes but the romance was so perfect.

2 Likes

Finished Grave Reservations by Cherie Priest, now in the middle of Later by Stephen King

2 Likes