How Many Bookish First Titles Have You Purchased?

I’m just curious…For the books that you did not claim or win (or receive ARCs of from NetGalley or elsewhere), how many books featured on Bookish First have you purchased? Was Bookish First the first place you heard about them? I feel like they curate books that tend to be very popular, and many of them are featured by Book of the Month.

Here is my list:
The Wife Between Us (originally heard about via Goodreads Giveaways, purchased from Book of the Month)
How to Walk Away (originally heard about via Book of the Month, when Things You Save in a Fire was featured, and purchased it from them)
The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle (originally heard about via Goodreads Giveaways, purchased from Amazon for a buddy read)
An Anonymous Girl (originally heard about via Goodreads Giveaways, purchased from Book of the Month)
Four Dead Queens (originally heard about via Bookish First, purchased from Owlcrate during a sale they ran)
The Silent Patient (originally heard about via Bookish First, purchased from Book of the Month)
The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek (originally heard about via Bookish First, purchased from Amazon)
The Beautiful (originally heard about via Bookish First, purchased from Book of the Month)
The Fountains of Silence (originally heard about via Book of the Month, and purchased through them)
Song of the Crimson Flower (originally heard about via Bookish First, purchased from Book of the Month)
The Kingdom of Back (originally heard about via Bookish First and preordered, but canceled my preorder as I found out I will be receiving it this month from a subscription box that I will not name)
The Janes (this one is different…I purchased the first book in the series from Book of the Month because I won a copy of The Janes and I hate to read a series out of order)

And there are many, many more that I would have spent money on had I not received copies from Bookish First, NetGalley, or elsewhere. I purchased all of these as hardcover editions, with the exception of The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle, which I purchased as a Kindle edition.

3 Likes

My list:

The Wedding Date I cannot remember how I heard of this book but am sooo happy to have read it! Bought mass paper back edition last year

The Brilliant Death Bought at Barnes & Noble on Black Friday, loved the synopsis and decided to purchase it

The Darkest Star heard about it on bookstagram and got a book box special edition for it

A River Of Royal Blood heard about it on bookishfirst, read the arc (won on bookishfirst) and got the Fairyloot box with it💛

Chain Of Gold heard about it on bookstagram, did read the arc (won on bookishfirst) and getting special edition box for it

2 Likes

I’ve bought four (and several others have been borrowed from the library or won elsewhere).

Nottingham—discovered the author on Twitter and love the subject matter, though I was a few weeks to late joining Bookishfirst to claim it here.

Your One and Only—author was a mentor in the writing program I’m in, so bought the book of support for her.

The Book Charmer

The Bear and the Nightingale

2 Likes

We love this thread! For a way to earn bonus points, you can check out our I Spy...A BookishFirst Book! 🕵️ topic and share pictures of the BookishFirst books that you find at your local bookstore and library.

3 Likes

I’ve been gifted The Wife Between Us and How to Walk Away. I’ve owned but unhauled The Immortalists.

I bought The Kiss Quotient, Watching You,The Gilded Wolves, and The Silent Patient.

I won a copy of Leave No Trace and loved it.

I’ve gotten these from netgalley: The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle, An Anonymous Girl, Queenie, A Nearly Normal Family, The Whisper Man, and Behind Every Lie.

I’ve gotten these from the library: The Belles, Furyborn, Wilder Girls (currently reading), The Beautiful (DNF), and The Kingdom of Back.

I swapped with the forum for Woven in Moonlight.

1 Like

I just started using bookishfirst in January, but I’ve purchased Four Dead Queens, and plan to buy The Best Laid Plans!

2 Likes

That is a wonderful number of books you have bought.

I haven’t heard about this one on Bookish First, but I bought RECIPE FOR A PERFECT WIFE - first heard about it on social media.

I hear about most of the books I read when I get e-mails from Netgalley or from publishers.

http://silversolara.blogspot.com