November 2023 Bookish Bingo 🍽️

BINGO!

“N” Title: New Orleans Noir (Julie Smith, ed.)
Food on Cover: How To Make A PB Sandwich (Bambi Edlund)
1 Hour Straight Read: The Thin Blue Line (James Patterson)
Author That I’m Thankful For: Bryan Woolley

1 Like

Character is a writer: Banyan Moon
Part of a 10+ book series: the Watchmaker’s Hand
Free space
Familial term in title: Sisters of Lost Nation
Sapphic romance: Penance (this is admittedly a bit of a stretch, but it was a main element in the book!)

1 Like

Bingo!

1 Like

Top row bingo!
Title begins with N: Not Bad People by Brandy Scott
Set during a holiday: The Wishing Bridge by Viola Shipman
Character is a writer: Dear Committee Members by Julie Schumacher
Published in November: Next Door Nemesis by Alexis Martin
Family dinner: Bright Lights Big Christmas by Mary Kay Andrews

1 Like

1 Like

Bingo!

Family dinner: Run For Your Life by James Patterson
Title begins with H: The Angel Maker by Alex North; Original title: The half burnt house
Recommended on YouTube: The Giver by Lois Lowry
Start a new series: An Elderly Lady Is Up to No Good by Helene Tursten
Author you’re thankful for: Tread of Angels by Rebecca Roanhorse

1 Like

1 Like

I was planning to get a lot more squares ticked off but the entire month flew by!

1 Like

3 Likes

4 Likes

1 Like

Thank you, Horton, you’re my favorite elephant!!!

I started reading a lot this month—11 books in total. But then I added an extra one, “Horton Hears A Who,” to finish this BINGO challenge tonight, so 12 in total. I only found the challenge today and I ended up trying to match each book I’ve read with a specific box’s category. Next month, I’ll pick books that fit the challenge from the beginning instead of making my reads fit the challenge at the end, so it should be a lot easier and I won’t have to stretch as much. Here’s the list:

• SET DURING A HOLIDAY - Ghost Boys by Jewell Parker Rhodes (Part of it is set during Dia De Los Muertos and that holiday is pivotal to the ending)

• CHARACTER IS A WRITER - A Walk In The Woods - Bill Bryson (It’s a memoir of a travel writer… I think that counts?)

• PUBLISHED IN NOVEMBER - Along Virginia’s Route 58 by Joe Tennis (Published on November 2, 2015)

• FAMILY DINNER - Serenity Found: More Unauthorized Essays on Joss Whedon’s Firefly Universe by Jane Espenson, ect. (A bit of a stretch, but one of the essays talks about the crew coming together in the mess hall to celebrate Simon’s birthday with cake. It goes a bit into how this moment marked a change in the crew’s relationships, making them feel more like a family instead of just the usual militaristic/scientific sci-fi space crew)

• READ BY THE FIREPLACE - Done! (in my apartment complex’s club house!)

• FOOD ON THE COVER - Insatiable: A Memoir of Love Addiction by Shary Hauer

• PART OF A 10+ BOOK SERIES - Who Was Walt Disney? by Whitney Stewart (Who Was? Series - 217 books so far in this series, but I don’t care about any of the others, lol. Yes, it’s a little kid’s series, but I am a huge Disney fan and I found it in a free little library on the street. Had to read it once I found it.)

• NOVELLA - Dragon’s Bait by Vivian Vande Velde (At 196 pages, I’m guessing this is a novella and I read in a review someone else called it a novella, so that’s good enough for me)

• TITLE BEGINS WITH A H - Horton Hears A Who by Dr. Seuss (yeah, I totally cheated with this one, but I only found this challenge yesterday and I only have two days left of November. December I’ll do better-- but a book’s a book, no matter how small! lol. PS. Thank you for the readalong YouTube!)

• FREE SPACE - Virginia is for Adventurers by Tara Z Fisher (This one doesn’t fit anywhere else, so Free Space it is! I also read half of it during the summer and only finished it in November, so Free Space can stand for finishing the half finished books)

• COVER IS BROWN - I Came to the Highlands by Velda Johnston (I’m technically finishing this one up, but I have about 75 pages before December 1)

• READ FOR AN HOUR STRAIGHT - Done!

• START A NEW SERIES - A Whole New World: A Twisted Tale by Liz Braswell (There’s about 16 of these Disney Twisted Tales so far and I want to go through all of them in 2024)

• REPLY TO A BOOKISHFIRST POST ON INSTAGRAM - Done!

• AUTHOR YOU’RE THANKFUL FOR - The Wisdom of John Muir by Anne Rowthorn, Bill McKibben and John Muir (I’m thankful for John Muir for founding the Sierra Club, advocating for National Parks System, influencing conservation efforts, writing about and educating several presidents and other influential people on the beauty of America’s wilderness in order to get funding to preserve it for ages to come)

2 Likes

No Bingo for me this month. I didn’t even read enough books to complete one! Hopefully, I’ll do better next month. I already have books plugged in, so I’m ready to go! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

This is as good as it got this month. I might finish another book or two, but they won’t fit any prompts.

2 Likes

Bingo! (And still working on the greater Foundation series)

Murder in the Family
Cara Hunter
*Familial term in the title

Second Foundation
Isaac Asimov
*Read for 1 hour straight

What Lies Between Us
John Marrs
*Family dinner

Foundation’s Edge
Isaac Asimov
*Part of a 10+ book series