Romance Week šŸ’–

Love is the air, BookishFirst Readers! Itā€™s time to prepare yourself for tropes, bingo, and lots and lots of swoonsā€¦ because weā€™re celebrating Valentineā€™s Day this week by reading romance novels.

Starting today (2/7) thru Monday (2/17), weā€™ll be reading and chatting all things romance here in the Forum. To make our reading week even more fun, we have a special Romance Novel Bookish Bingo that you can use as prompts to inspire your TBR.

Need some reading inspiration? Check out these previous BookishFirst romance books and use one to check off a Bookish Bingo square.

Want to spread the BookishFirst love? Check out these refer-a-friend Valentine cards weā€™ve created for you to share your referral code (and earn 100 points!).

1 2 3

Letā€™s get this party started by discussing our favorite romance tropes, sub-genres, authors, reads and more below!

18 Likes

I donā€™t know if sheā€™s categorized as strictly romance, but my new fave author is Roselle Lim. Natalie Tanā€™s Book of Luck and Fortune was so romantic. :cupid:

5 Likes

Recently I am loving ā€œThe Bromance Book Clubā€ because I wasnā€™t really read many romance books before that! Iā€™m trying to read more now! :cupid:

5 Likes

I really love YA but The Kiss Quotient was my first real adult romance novel and I LOVED IT SO MUCH! I canā€™t wait for the third one to come out! :cupid:

5 Likes

I actually have a copy of that and never got around to reading it. What type of romance is it?? I have trouble with the genre to be honest, but I totally gobbled up the To All The Boys I Loved Before :cupid: trilogy last year.

4 Likes

I just finished reading The Shadows Between Us and it was the romance that Iā€™d been dying for! :cupid:

1 Like

Favorite romance author is probably Kristan Higgins. If you get her newest book coming out this year, Iā€™d swoon :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: Sheā€™s a gem and I got to see her and meet her on of her recent book tours in Cleveland. Just as delightful in person as her amazing characters

And how do some of these authors do it? I notice that romance authors in particular seem to pump out books faster than seems possible and itā€™s not like theyā€™re not great reads! Like Nora Roberts, for example. Amazing! :cupid:

2 Likes

To All The Boys trilogy was great! You might like more YA ā€œromanceā€ and if so, Tweet Cute by Emma Lord was really good! And Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Itā€™s more magical realism I think? But thereā€™s definitely a romance (itā€™s a sweet romance; thereā€™s very little heat) between two main characters.

1 Like

:cupid: I just finished The Bromance Book Club and now Iā€™m reading You Were There Too. Next up, The Unhoneymooners because everyone keeps telling me I have to read it!!! Iā€™m a sucker for Colleen Hoover, Christina Lauren, and Nicholas Sparks books. :cupid::cupid::cupid:

4 Likes

I finished reviewing ā€œA phoenix first must burnā€ and there were different kinds of romance throughout the bookšŸ’˜

1 Like

My favorite sub-genre is romantic suspense (or paranormal depending on my mood).:cupid:

3 Likes

The Kiss Quotient was the only romance novel that I read last year. I havenā€™t really been in the genre.:cupid:

1 Like

My favorite romance author is Meghan March. Hands down. :cupid:

I love romantic comedies. I loved the Kiss Quotient!

1 Like

I love paranormal romance. :cupid:

3 Likes

I always read seasonal romances during the holidays, and I have been thinking I need to add some to my TBR throughout the year! :cupid:

You do have to read it. The Unhoneymooners is hilarious. Honestly, though, Josh and Hazelā€™s Guide to Not Dating is probably better :see_no_evil: but theyā€™re both wonderful.

1 Like

Yā€™all I just started Love Lettering my Kate Clayborn last night and Iā€™m HOOKED. I stayed up late reading and woke up early to keep going. I think sheā€™s one of my new favorites :cupid:

2 Likes

Iā€™m really not a reader of ā€œromanceā€ books, but I like it when the characters find that special person, as in Cussy Mary/ Jackson Lovett in Bookwoman of Troublesome Creek. :blush::cupid: