Thank you - my book has arrived!

Same. I don’t think I’d bother using my points for Penguin Teen again. I like their books and I understand about covid-19, but their customer service is pretty bad.

1 Like

Orphan collector arrived today June 4th!

1 Like

Has anyone heard any news on They Wish They Were Us book yet? I haven’t received my copy yet and I was just wondering if anyone else has.

1 Like

I haven’t either. It’s a Penguin Teen title so, who knows if we’ll get it.

What kind of problems have you had with them? I haven’t been on this site very long. This only my second book that I’ve won.

They’re super behind on sending out ARCs (obviously COVID related) and there hasn’t been an update about when or if we’re even getting them any longer. I’m still waiting on The Kinder Poison, Goddess in the Machine and They Wish They Were Us as well.

Well thats ridiculous. I know that a lot of stuff is going on but other businesses are sending out there stuff at least in a decent time frame. I’m guessing you have emailed them about it as well?

While I have tried contacting the publisher many times with no response, it’s not really our job to do so. BookishFirst is technically supposed to be contacting the publishers on our behalf and letting us know what’s going on. It’s just unfortunate that for months now we’ve had no real update of any sort…for either the ARCs we were promised or even returning our points that we used to claim copies.

I feel like they need better customer service/ support because its ridiculous they make people wait without a word on what’s going with the books especially ones that’s actually been claimed. My first book I got from here which was The Vanishing Deep took like a month to finally arrive I think. I thought it wasnt for a while so I emailed Bookishfirst and they just said that it was shipped. It’s really aggravating.

Woohoo. Got my copy of Orphan Collector today and it is every bit as arresting in person. Can’t wait to dive in.

6/5 Update - got my copy in the mail today. Can’t wait to dive in.

My copy of “The Orphan Collector” finally arrived today (6/5/2020)!

1 Like

I received my copy of The Orphan Collector on June 4 - hooray!

1 Like

I received my copy of The Orphan Collector on 6/5/20 in the mail! Glad everyone else is getting their copies of TOC finally!

1 Like

I have not yet received my copy of The Orphan Collector which I used points to obtain. It is encouraging to see a few others have received their copies in the past few days. I am really looking forward to reading this book.**

1 Like

I got my copy of The Orphan Collector a few days ago! I’m so excited to finally have the chance to read it

Finally! I just received my copy of *The Orphan Collector! In the mail 6/9/2020. Thank you so much! I am so happy!

2 Likes

I saw someone is still waiting for their copy of goodness in the machine- I am too… now I am currently waiting for my copy of the patient!

2 Likes

STILL Waiting for my copies of A Kinder Poison and Goddess In the Machine. I have read both of this in eARC form thanks to Penguin Teen sending them to me as an influencer, but I know not everyone can do so. I would like my 4000 points back, please! I have both of these preordered already and could care less about a regular FC if you decide to send them out at a much later date.

2 Likes

Response from my email today:

"We understand your frustration and we thank you for your continued patience. As you can imagine, our team has been in close communication with Penguin Young Readers (and other publishers) about their delayed shipments for weeks. Unfortunately, they haven’t had concrete information until just recently. The publisher shares your frustration, as they’ve had extremely limited (if any!) access to their warehouses ever since the pandemic lockdown began. Many of their mailings (not just for BookishFirst) have been in a state of limbo, and in some cases they still have been unable to access the books due to safety regulations. However, we spoke with Penguin Young Readers last week and again today, and it sounds promising. We expect to have good news to share by the end of this week.

Also, rest assured that publishers plan to avoid this situation for future raffles (such as sending Finished Books instead of ARCs), but of course, no one could’ve forseen the pandemic before it hit."

11 Likes