Welcome Back to the Forum Party 🥳

We’re very excited to welcome you back to the BookishFirst Forum! The BookishFirst Team has greatly missed chatting with all of you here in the Forum. To celebrate the Forum’s return we’re hosting a party here in the Lounge to catch up and book talk.

The BookishFirst Team will be here in the Forum replying and chatting at 1pm EST on 10/6. Anyone who joins the party by sharing a thoughtful response and replying to another BookishFirst Reader will receive 20 bonus points.

To kick things off, introduce yourself to the community by replying below with:

• Your name or nickname
  • The best book you’ve read since the Forum has been down
  • A book that you’re excited to read soon
  • And then reply to someone else!
  • (These prompts are just conversation starters!)

PLUS: We’re hosting three bonus giveaways for bundles of books. Enter the YA, Mystery, or Fiction giveaways.

10 Likes

I’ll be in a class at that time (and am TOTALLY supposed to be writing a paper right now) but I want to wish everyone a happy party! I’ll check back after class to say hiya, but for now:

My name is Dorothy. The best book I’ve read since the forum went down (BIG SAD) is The Companion! And I’m super excited to read Skyhunter which I won recently too. How have you all been doing? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ll be helping my kids with their virtual classes so i’ll be missing this as well. So boo to adulting and responsibilities. :sob: :joy:

2 Likes

My name is Debbie. My favorite book that I’ve read since the forum went down was Master of Salt and Bones by Keri Lake. I’m excited for The Princess Knight! I used my points for it and I regret nothing lol.

2 Likes

Luckily the 6th is an in-class day for my kids…virtual learning parenting is harder than it looks—and I used to be a teacher! :joy:

1 Like

Hi! I’m Michelle. My reading numbers have been down since “remote learning” began, but I’ve read some good ones in there. The Brilliant Life of Eudora Honeysett was a favorite and for BF books, I really enjoyed Watch Over Me. I just won Notorious, our current selection, over on Goodreads, so I’m looking forward to that—the cover is so pretty!

2 Likes

My 2 youngest will start hybrid learning next month…2 days in school and 3 out. I have 3 in 3 different grades and it’s a lot of me running up and down and across the house to help lol. But they are absolutely awesome about it. I am bone tired though LOL

1 Like

Hi! My name is Angela, but I go by Ang. I am so excited this forum is working again! I absoutely loved Skyhunter! I have read all of Marie Lu’s books and this one goes into my favorite top three. I am so excited to read The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Omg I hope you read Skyhunter soon, I thought it was such a unique fantasy world and loved it so so much! :heart:

My name is Calista and my favorite book that I have read while the forum was down was Strange the Dreamer by Laing Taylor! A book that I am excited to read soon is The Count of Monte Cristo because I very recently got it for my birthday! So excited to hang out with everyone else!

Hi Ang! I loved Skyhunter too! Marie Lu is an excellent writer and never ceases to blow me away! I am also very excited for Addie LaRue I just don’t know how I want to buy it! There are so many different special editions and I am overwhelmed!

2 Likes

I can relate to the bone tired! I only have one doing the remote learning (2 in 3 out, plus a preschooler 3 days in) thing and just that is exhausting! But though he doesn’t love it, he’s adapting. They’re far more resilient than we are :joy:

1 Like

I’m reading Addie LaRue right now (from BOTM) and it’s SO good!

Hi everyone! My name is Briana and the best book I’ve read recently has to be “Goodnight Beautiful” by Aimee Molloy. It was the perfect fall thriller and I couldn’t put it down. A book I’m excited to read soon is “The Companion” which I claimed with my BookishFirst points back in the summer. I’m hearing great things about it!

4 Likes

Oh I almost chose that one! It seems like it will be a fantastic read!

1 Like

I am so excited to read The Companion soon!!

Hello everyone! My name is Claire. The best book that I’ve read so far is Tell Me My Name by Suzanne Goldring. As far as a book that I’m excited to read soon, it’s The Princess Knight.

1 Like

Currently reading Skyhunter. Almost done with it and enjoying it so far.

2 Likes

Hi all! I’m actually a nonfiction reader of crafts and creative art ideas and reference style. I’m in love with a series of The Big Fat Notebook for the guidance of all different school topics in each book. However, I love all types of guidance and books to code as well as learn to sew, crochet some new and fun things. As well, I love to draw cartoons, which always brings a smile to my face after I’m done drawing.

1 Like

Hi Claire, those do sound like wonderful books. The Princess Knight does look like it’s going to be a great book! :smiling_face:

1 Like