What is your reading challenge for 2020?

I plan just reading 30 but hoping for 50 and if I am really busy reading and keep my nose in good, “can’t put down”, page turner’s 100 books. How many are you going to challenge yourself to?

4 Likes

I’m trying for 75 this year. I only set 52 last year and then discovered NetGalley, here and other book sites and went well above that, so I’m excited to dive into more great new releases in 2020!

5 Likes

I try not to set a challenge. I just put a low number in like 10 and see how many I read. I did the same thing last year to take off the stress and managed to read over 200 books!

3 Likes

I set mine for 200 this year. I’ve never read that many in one year, unless if I did it while I was in junior high and don’t remember. I made it 167 in 2019 while I was finishing up my last couple graduate classes, so I think this goal is doable. Might as well go big before kids or anything like that is in the picture, right?

3 Likes

I set my Goodreads challenge to 25. Most likely I will read beyond that. In the fall, I will have more time to read since all of my kids will be in school!

2 Likes

Last year my goal was 30 … however, I read 36. I feel even more invested in my reading this year and have decided on 45 books for my goal.

2 Likes

I’m going with 50 like last year. It works for me. I read 100 total last year and 70 this one. I tried setting it at 100 years prior but I guess It was too much pressure on myself

2 Likes

I am trying to complete my self challenge to read a book set in every state. Only have 9 to go. I had so much fun doing the research. Goodreads challenge is 60 books this year including my 9 state books.

3 Likes

I’m going to be busier this year than last year, so I set my goal to 52. It was awesome to read 105 last year, but I just don’t see myself having the same amount of time to read like that this year. Always hoping to read more!

3 Likes

Last year I put 150 but made it to 236. This year I moved the goal up to 175, but hope to do more. I’m lucky enough to be able to listen to books at work so this really helps.

3 Likes

My goal again this year is 100 books all around. That’s including graphic novels (I work at a library and some people will disagree as to rather or not graphic novels count but - they’re words on pages, it counts for me!).
I want to read at least 5 non-fiction books and try to read more genres that aren’t just YA, though I’m not going to not not read something.

3 Likes

My goal for 2020 is 110. Last year my goal was 100 and I read 142 so I think 110 is do-able

2 Likes

The past two years I’ve set my goal for 100 books. I also set genre goals.
For 2020 I hope to read:

TEN: New (to me) authors; Fantasy; Books I own; Nonfiction; OWN voices; Historical/myth

FIVE: Young Adult; LGBTQ+ (author or characters); Best sellers/Recommended; Mystery/Thrillers/Horror; Translated; Banned/Challenged books

TWO: Poetry; Science Fiction; Plays; Juvenile Fiction; Classics

2 Likes

I LOVE graphic novels, especially graphic memoirs.There are so many good graphic novels out there! They’re such a great resource. I really wish people would give them a chance. AND, I also work at a library! Working at the library has exposed me to soooo many great books.

2 Likes

I always shoot for 100 and whatever happens happens :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have set a Goodreads goal of 75 books for the past three years. As I get busier (now working summer school), I do not get to read in the summer as much as I was. In 2017, I read 135, 2018 was 120 and 2019 was 100. Hopefully I will at least get to 100 but I do not want to put that pressure on myself, therefore, I keep my goal at 75. Here’s to a read of great reads!!!

3 Likes

I plan to read 50 books for my 2020 Reading Challenge, with at least half the books being children’s books :wink:

1 Like

I’m hoping to read 75 books this year! It was my goal last year but alas I only made it 74!

2 Likes

In 2019 I read 125 books. My challenge for this year is a little bit lower. I aimed at 85 for 2020, but I can always increase it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My reading challenge is about 48 book…

1 Like