April Bookish Bingo 💐

Are you ready for another round of Bookish Bingo? Join us in April and conquer your TBR!

Click here to read the rules and download your Bookish bingo card below. Make sure you share your progress with us by using #BookishBingo on social media. Let us know what books you’re reading for each prompt below!

When you get bingo shout it out here and we’ll congratulate the winners each month in our newsletter.

BookishFirst%20Bingo%20Boards%20(3)

8 Likes

Please explain “fictional language”.

This prompt was inspired by fantasy worlds that often feature a created language like The Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones for example.

2 Likes

I’m excited to participate for the first time this month!

1 Like

Can’t wait to try this one! Just started a new book this evening.

1 Like

Ooo, I am SUPER excited for this month, I am already planning out a couple different paths to a BookishBingo! Hoping this will keep me motivated, as I have been feeling a little down with everything that is going on in these crazy times we are in.

1 Like

Can you please elaborate on “ bought via indie bookstore website”. Could it be from just a bookstore, or does it specifically have to be from the website? Do people who sell used books on amazon through other sources count?

This is inspired by current events as most independent bookstores have had to close their stores to foot traffic. It’s very specific so you could classify a book you’ve purchased from an indie bookstore or a bookstore’s website if you can’t achieve this prompt.

1 Like

My first BookishBingo. Some tough prompts for me.:thinking:

Oh, this is fun! My goal is to get through my current TBR list, and I’ve found some books to match up with a bingo row:

• Two word title: The Deep by Rivers Solomon
  • Reread: Little Nothing by Marisa Silver
  • Pink cover: Those Who Knew by Idra Novey
  • Comfort read: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  • Featured on BookishFirst: Goddess in the Machine by Lora Beth Johnson

I used my points to redeem Goddess in the Machine, which I can’t wait to read! I hope it arrives before the end of April, but if it doesn’t then I plan to read The End of the Ocean by Maya Lunde instead.

2 Likes

I am trying to fill in the square “Featured on BookishFirst” and am looking for Children’s books. When I go under “Books” and genre: “Children’s”, there are no entries. Am I not searching the right way? Thanks in advance!

You are searching correctly, however we haven’t had many Children’s books. You can see the Middle Grade and YA books that we’ve featured in their own categories.

1 Like

It would be really cool if you had a Bookish Jr. or Bookish teen for young readers!

There’s some difficult prompts on here, but I really like these. I like that they reflect what’s going on and also have it so we can support indie bookstores.

Alliteration in the title is a good prompt, but I can’t think of any off the top of my head. I’m so glad I had to read “Call of the Raven” this month because I didn’t have any other books that were published in April. Usually those prompts are the hardest ones for me, because I try to always read new releases.

3 Likes

Just one more prompt to go. Hopefully will get this done in the next few days. Anyone else?

3 Likes

Almost there! Plan on reading Howl and Other Poems by Allen Ginsberg for the ‘poetry or verse novel’ prompt (even though it’d also be a reread for me) and hopefully, if it arrives in time, Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston for the ‘pink cover’ prompt.
Wish me luck!
:crossed_fingers:t5::crossed_fingers:t5::crossed_fingers:t5:

4 Likes

BINGO!

These are the books that I’ve read:

Two word title: Star Faer
Reread: Flowers for Algernon
Pink cover: Women on Top
Comfort read: Summer on Honeysuckle Ridge
Featured on Bookish First: The Safe Place

4 Likes

Thanks for your bingo update. Good luck with your last two reads!!

1 Like

Congrats on your Bookish Bingo win!

I’m getting closer. 10 hours left in my read-a-thon, so hopefully I can fill a few more boxes.

3 Likes