Authors looking for Street Team Participants

Would love to hear how readers have gotten on Street Teams and for which authors. Looking for suggestions on how I could find authors looking for Street Team members.

2 Likes

What is a Street Team?

1 Like

I recommend following the authors with upcoming releases on twitter. I found my street teams, I’ve been apart of two so far both on twitter.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I will definitely take your suggestion.

What’s a Street Team?

It is a facebook group that centered around a upcoming book release. People promote the book, read it together, and talk with each other via social media.

I also became part of a street team after a twitter post. It’s where I’ve seen a lot of authors advertise for them.

2 Likes

One author called Maria Ingrande Mora is accepting members to her street team for her upcoming debut, which is a YA sci-fi called Fragile Remedy!! I also have heard of another YA author called Swati Teerdhala who is currently hosting street team signups for her sequel. Lastly, Diana Urban might still be accepting members to her street team for her upcoming YA thriller debut. I mostly hear about these things on instagram!!

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to offer these suggestions!

1 Like
1 Like

Follow authors with debut books on Twitter

2 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one who doesn’t know!

You can follow the hashtag #streetteam on instagram also. That’s how I usually hear about them.

1 Like

Great tip. Thank you.

I’d go with what everybody suggested above, as well as checking out facebook groups. If there is an official fan group for an author you love, join up. I’ve seen authors recruiting through those groups in the past.

Follow authors on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. Also sign up for author newsletters. When they start recruiting, you should see the announcement.

thanks for your suggestion readlove!

I am on Advanced reading team for several authors. A lot of them give the info at the end of a book or if you’ve been with them on a Facebook group.

1 Like

Deedee - do you enjoy joining the advanced reading teams, and does it give you satisfaction to help authors launch their books?

1 Like

I’ve been curious about this as well. I saw Brigid Kemmerer (A Curse So Dark & Lonely) author reference street teams recently on her instagram.

1 Like