BookishFirst Summer of Giveaways (Romance Book Bundle) 💌

Me Before you omg that book

I read Midnight at the Blackbird Cafe and it was so sweet! I love the southern romances with a bit of magic!

I must admit I like my romance with some other stuff, so I guess the first one I liked was Year One by Nora Roberts.

The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez :heart:

The Anne of Green Gable series was my start (4th grade reading)- followed by Pride and Prejudice :slight_smile:

Something in Between by Melissa de la Cruz

I don’t remember exactly what book it was that got me into reading romance, but I know it was a Catherine Coulter historical romance when I was in high school. Probably from her Sherbrooke series.

When I was in junior high I found a series by Scholastic Books, Sunfire Romance. I remember it blended romance (the teen girl always had to choose between a wrong and right kind of boy) and it always took place in some historical American setting.

Recently reading From Blood and Ash has made me realize how great having a bit of romance in books is! I’m sure there were others in the past that made me love it too, but I can’t remember all of those :slight_smile:

Oh boy, I think I’d have to say that reading my grandma’s Danielle Steel books back in the day secured my love for all things romantic fiction! LOL! I even remember reading my mom’s 1970s copy of “The Young and the Restless,” complete with a young Nikki and Victor on the cover! Priceless!

1 Like

My love of romance started off in a YA novel lol - The Tiger’s Curse by Colleen Houck!

I love romances - especially summer chick lit!!!

I started reading romance novels in middle school when I borrowed them from my mom. They’re still my favorite genre.

A Rose In Winter by Kathleen E. Woodiweiss made me a Romance reader

The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffeneger :heart_eyes:

I have so many Romance books I’ve loved over the years but I would say recently I fell in love with How to Walk Away by Katherine Center and The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang & RomeAntically Challenged (When in Rome) by Marina Adair:)

red, white & royal blue!

The first book that made me a romance reader was a book of my grandmother’s that I picked up out of boredom and read. I cannot even remember what the name of it was (it was about one of three sisters whose name started with a “W” who was needing a gazebo made and her past love came back) anyhow that was the start. But the one that cinched my love of the Romance genera and the first one I bought on my own was Amanda Quick’s The Paid Companion. Absolutely read that book to death!

I absolutely loved The Husband Test by Betina Krahn.

1 Like

I honestly can’t remember what book got me started, but the ones that have kept me coming back are books like Beach Read by Emily Henry. I recently read an ARC of People you Meet on Vacation and I loved that one too.