February 2024 Bookish Bingo

Are you ready to take on a reading challenge? Join us in February and conquer your TBR!

Share your referral code with a friend and complete a square! Click the Referral Code button to generate an email, or copy the code to share online. When someone new joins BookishFirst using your referral code, you’ll each get 100 points!

If you share a completed bingo in the comments below before March 1, you’ll receive 20 bonus points!

Click here to read the rules and download your Bookish bingo card below. Make sure you share your progress with us by using #BookishBingo on social media. Let us know what books you’re reading for each prompt below! When you get a bingo, shout it out here.

Feb 2024 BF '24 Bingo Board Forum

Have an idea for a future board? Share it here.

February Bookish Bingo prompts: Two word title, Set in Europe, Enemies-to-lovers romance, Made you laugh, Publishe din Feburary, Black cover model, Mistaken identity, Set during the Gilded Age, Title includes “love”, Set in New York City, Reread, Title begins with F, Free space, Book club pick, Couple on cover, Memoir, Theme of friendship, Published 10+ years ago, Pink or red cover, Stormy weather, Share your BookishFirst referral code with a friend, Author uses initials, Suggested by a friend, Includes an explosion, Under 290 pages

3 Likes

Could you share the square version here as well, please? I am trying out an 8x8 format bullet journal this year and the square version is perfect! :wink: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

That sounds fun! Here’s the square version and the Instagram Story Template size :grinning:

4 Likes

thank you so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Does anyone have any suggestions for a book that includes an explosion?

The Blood Trials if you like fantasy and don’t mind violence.
Amazon.com

The Night Watch by Sarah Waters is what I’ll be reading

What are you all reading for the “Black cover model” slot? I know it’s up to our own interpretation but I tend to be too literal. Therefore, I put The Memory Librarian by Janelle Monáe, since she’s literally been a cover model…buuuuutttt… Slay by Brittney Morris LOOKS like a magazine cover and its already on my annual challenge list. I know i’m overthinking this but I’d love your feedback

2 Likes

Im either going to read Last Canto of the Dead or Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky

1 Like

I would love to see other people’s suggestions for this, too! I was tempted to make all of my February bingo books meet this qualification, as an extra challenge, but I’m not really that ambitious/organized. Would make a terrific visual though!

A few fiction titles from my to-read list:
bookcover2 bookcover bookcover6 bookcover7

You Made a Fool of Death with Your Beauty / Akwaeke Emezi (279 pages)
Honey Girl / Morgan Rogers
Rootless / Krystle Zara Appiah
What Napoleon Could Not Do / DK Nnuro

And a few nonfiction books as well:
bookcover4 bookcover3 bookcover5

A More Beautiful and Terrible History / Jeanne Theoharis (253 pages)
Maybe I’ll Pitch Forever / Satchel Paige as told to David Lipman
Better Living Through Birding / Christian Cooper (282 pages)

Plus some titles I’ve already read and would recommend, in no particular order:
You Got Anything Stronger? This Poison Heart Edward Enninful memoir Darrin Bell's The Talk Black Skinhead
Dread Nation the Black Flamingo Phoebe Robinson The Last Black Unicorn Ghost Roast
You Got Anything Stronger? / Gabrielle Union
This Poison Heart / Kalynn Bayron
A Visible Man / Edward Enninful (memoir by a literal model)
The Talk / Darrin Bell
Black Skinhead / Brandi Collins-Dexter
Dread Nation / Justina Ireland
The Black Flamingo / Dean Atta
Please Don’t Sit on my Bed in Your Outside Clothes / Phoebe Robinson
The Last Black Unicorn / Tiffany Haddish
Ghost Roast / Shawnee and Shawnelle Gibbs

1 Like

What are you all planning to read for “enemies to lovers” im not sure i have any in my tbr

What are you all planning to read for “enemies to lovers”

these are a bit tough to brainstorm and again, I’d love to hear others’ suggestions!

–Beauty and the Beast retellings come to mind:
By the Book A Curse So Dark and Lonely

Jasmine Guillory wrote a fun one (By the Book) and I also enjoyed Brigid Kemmerer’s A Curse So Dark and Lonely. The third, To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo is more of a Little Mermaid tale (siren falls in love with the prince she was going to kill) but also fun.

I also enjoyed these hate/love stories:
Ayesha at Last Cafe Con Lychee
Ayesha at Last / Uzma Jalaluddin
Cafe Con Lychee / Emery Lee

1 Like

I have also read and would recommend Dread Nation and The Last Black Unicorn. Also, Becoming by Michelle Obama. I want to read The Light We Carry by Michelle Obama as well.

1 Like

I’m currently reading Check & Mate, which would work. Fourth Wing and Book Lovers were both excellent and fit the trope.

I think I’m counting a huge blazing fire as an explosion. The Library Book is on my TBR shelf.

Tysm!! I’ll check them out. I also found “daughter of the pirate king” by tricia levenseller

1 Like

For enemies to lovers if you like Alien Science Fiction Romances I previously read and enjoyed:

Alien Incognito (Book 2: Forbidden Bonds) by Cara Bristol
Genres & Tropes = science fiction romance alien romance, enemies to lovers, alien abduction romance, forbidden love, alien warrior, second chance romance

Alien Undone (Book 3: Forbidden Bonds) by Cara Bristol
Genres & Tropes = science fiction romance, alien romance, enemies to lovers, alien abduction romance, funny sci-fi romance, snarky

I am reading Alien Disgraced (Book 4: Forbidden Bonds) by Cara Bristol as my “Two word Title” book.

I interpret it as a book with a real Black person on the cover as a model. So I’m thinking of reading from my Harlequin backlist

I’ve been wanting to read this Yahrah St. John book called Vacation Crush
https://amzn.to/3SCTX4I

1 Like

Another enemies to lovers I previously read and enjoyed but forgot to mention is Craved by the Hunter: A Post-Apocalyptic Alien Romance (Xarc’n Warriors Book 11) by Lynnea Lee.

3 bingos this month--

Also in the middle of but not finished yet: Friday I’m in Love by Camryn Garrett, because I could not resist the beautiful cover.
cover image Friday I'm in Love by Camryn Garrett

Top image description, squares left to right, top to bottom:

1. Two word title, Honey Girl by Morgan Rogers
  2. Set in Europe, The Werewolf at Dusk by David Small
  3. Enemies-to-lovers romance, BLANK
  4. Made you laugh, Call Me Iggy by Jorge Aguirre
  5. Published in February, Wildful by Kengo Kurimoto

1. Black cover model, BLANK
  2. Mistaken identity, The Better Liar by Tanen Jones
  3. Set during the Gilded Age, BLANK
  4. Title includes “love”, Bingo Love by Tee Franklin
  5. Set in New York City, Empire State by Jason Shiga

1. Reread, BLANK
  2. Title begins with F, Figure It Out, Henri Weldon by Tanita S. Davis
  3. Free space, The Forest Demands Its Due by Kosoko Jackson
  4. Book club pick, Come and Get It by Kiley Reid
  5. Couple on cover, Cheer Up!: Love and Pompoms by Crystal Frasier

1. Memoir, Golem Girl by Riva Lehrer
  2. Theme of friendship, Curlfriends by Sharee Miller
  3. Published 10+ years ago, Maybe I’ll Pitch Forever by “Satchel” Paige
  4. Pink or red cover, Thinning Blood by Leah Myers
  5. Stormy weather, BLANK

1. Share your BookishFirst referral code with a friend :ballot_box_with_check:
  2. Author uses initials, BLANK
  3. Suggested by a friend, Hungry Ghost by Victoria Ying
  4. Includes an explosion, Spearhead by Adam Makos
  5. Under 290 pages The Hawk’s Way by Sy Montgomery
1 Like