Friday Question #12: What book would you want to get signed?

Happy Friday! We hope you’ve had a great week and an even better reading month.

Here is this week’s Friday Question:

What book would you love to get signed by the author? This could be any book from any author (living or dead) and why.

3 Likes

What the wind knows, by Amy Harmon

I would love to have Tracey Garvis Graves sign my copy of The Girl He Used to Know! It was my favorite read of 2019!

The Screwtape Letters, by C.S. Lewis. Forever one of my favorite authors, and one of my favorite books of his, especially with the creative approach.

1 Like

The Handmaid’s Tale by, Margaret Atwood!!

2 Likes

I would like Erik Larson to sigh The Splendid and the Vile. The book is about Churchill during the blitz in WWII. I like his books and I enjoy reading about history.

3 Likes

The Summer That Melted Everything by Tiffany McDaniel

I would love to have a signed copy of any book by Marissa Meyer!!

1 Like

I would love to get Gemina, Fangirl, or Warcross signed because I loved these books so much I read them when I was going through a hard time so they are special to me. :blue_heart::heartpulse::green_heart:

This is probably doesn’t count, but it would be Michelle McNamara’s I’ll Be Gone in the Dark. She died suddenly before she could finish the book, so her husband (Patton Oswalt) and a couple of her friends/fellow researchers compiled the rest of it for her and it was published posthumously in 2018. I want her to sign it because I want her to have seen it and seen the man she dedicated so much of her life trying to find behind bars. It’s just so desperately unfair, and I get kind of upset every time I think about it.

1 Like

Take of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. I want to hear him talk about his purpose for the book and if the American revolution influenced him in anyway. I would also like the book “native son“ by Richard Wright. Most powerful book I’ve ever read regarding racism. It was uncomfortable but I truly gained much more of an understanding of the perspective of African Americans especially before the civil rights act.

1 Like

All of my Harry Potter books

1 Like

The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien. My father read the first book to me when I was 5 and I’ve been hooked on fantasy ever since. I would love to meet him and tell him thank you.

3 Likes

My first edition of “The Scarecrow” by Michael Connelly

I have several signed: Dennis Lehane, Jim Butcher, and Christopher Moore. I think I need a Dean Koontz to round out my favorites.

Rock Chick by Kristen Ashley <3

Stiff: The Curious Lives Of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach. This book was the reason why I decided to be an organ donor. How could I not want the person who helped me make such an important decision autograph the book she wrote that involved that? :rose:

1 Like

I had an opportunity once to meet my favorite author, Juliet Marillier, and have her sign all of my books, but someone called out at work and as one of the managers, I was forced to work in their place. I was so upset. Juliet lives in Australia and rarely comes to the US, so I don’t think I’ll have that chance again.

Match-up. This is a collection of short stories by some of my favorite authors. I have had my copy signed by almost every author in the book but I am missing Diana Gabaldon.

Received an ARC and can’t wait to read this. Would love to have Larson sign it.