Happy Friday, BookishFirst Readers! We hope you’re all safe and healthy. It’s been a long week for everyone and we want you to know that we’re here for you.
This week’s question is inspired by the current situation, in which many independent bookstores have had to close their doors due to COVID-19. Independent bookstores are so crucial to local communities and the publishing industry, so we want to show our love for them now more than ever.
How are you supporting your local indie bookstore at this time?
Here are some of our tips:
- Stay connected through social media and newsletters
- Signal boost any of their important posts
- Leave a positive review of their store on Yelp
- Make a book purchase (if they’re still shipping), buy a gift card, pre-order an anticipated read
- Sign up for Libro.fm, an audiobook retailer, that allows you to support your local indie