Friday Question #2: Who is your most read author?

Happy Friday BookishFirst Readers!! :partying_face: :partying_face:

Which author(s) can you never get enough of, and why do you keep coming back to their books?

4 Likes

Maeve Binchy is my all time favorite <3

4 Likes

Meghan March, Sarah J. Maas, Victoria M. Patton, Stephanie Garber, Amanda Quick, Kristen Ashley, Lisa Gardner…to name a few LOL. And I just realized that they are all female authors.

6 Likes

Love me some female authors!! :girl::girl:

6 Likes

Leigh Bardugo
Laini Taylor
Jay Kristoff

Expert world-building, terrific prose.

9 Likes

Dan Brown followed by James Patterson

2 Likes

Erin Hunter due to the large amount of Warrior books I read when I was younger. Cassandra Clare and Kelley Armstrong as well.

1 Like

Christine Feehan, Lori Foster, Nora Roberts, Roni Loren. They all have wonderful characters.

2 Likes

As a kid I read anything by Brian Jacques, but now it’s probably a tie between Malcolm Gladdwell and Ravi Zacharias.

1 Like

Taylor Jenkins Reid is definitely a favorite, I picked up some of her books, and enjoyed each one. Also Helen Hoang, even though she only has two books, each of them were equally great, and I’ll read anything she writes.

6 Likes

Seanan McGuire/Mira Grant . Her books are like home to me. Only person could get me to read a trilogy about tapeworm zombies. I even named a child after one of her characters.

3 Likes

Probably Ilona Andrews. I’ve reread their series multiple times. As a child? Probably Mercedes Lackey!

1 Like

Last Few Years: of the Russian and French classics, Ursula K Le Guin, Jose Saramago, Jacob Appel, Oliver Sacks

Undergrad and Grad School: mostly read therapy books from Guilford Press and New Harbinger

High School: all of the Russian and French classics, Chuck Palahniuk, Douglas Adams, Orion Welles, Margaret Atwood, Stephen Pinker, Malcolm Gladwell, Kurt Vonnegut, Hunter S Thompson, Dave Eggers,

2 Likes

J.K Rowling, Sarah J. Maas and Casandra Clare

3 Likes

Definitely, Ellen Hopkins! Her prose is so melodic and really intense. I also appreciate how she tackles really difficult subjects such as drug abuse, sex trafficking, and mental health.

2 Likes

I am just getting back into the groove of reading and honestly, still LOVE R.L. Stine’s books. I’ve read the first 60 goosebumps and bought his recently released signed graphic novel from Barnes and Noble.

I found my love for reading via Goosebumps and still love his books.

2 Likes

I can’t get enough Mary Higgins Clark, especially since she started the Under Suspicion series with Alafair Burke. She always gets me with a twist, even when I think I’ve got everything figured out.

2 Likes

Jonathan Maberry… hands down!

1 Like

I love Taylor Jenkins Reid. I recently read The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo and loved it but I’m most looking forward to reading Daisy Jones and the Six. Have you read it? If so, how was it? Did it live up to the hype?

4 Likes

I love a good R.L. Stine book! I grew up reading them as well. I find myself always going back to an author from my childhood. The one that sticks out for me is Cynthia Voigt. She wrote The Tillerman Series; Homecoming, Dicey’s Song, A Solitary Blue, etc. That series has always stuck with me and I could read them over and over and never get tired of it.

1 Like