Friday Question #2: Who is your most read author?

Stardust and The Graveyard Book are 2 of my favorite books of all time!

1 Like

I just checked out Stardust from the library. Have you seen the movie based off the book? Itā€™s so good! One of my favorite movies of all time. Itā€™s so well done. I always love comparing movies and books but I usually like to read the book before the movie.

Iā€™ll have to check out The Graveyard too!

Have you read any more of Neil Gaiman? The Ocean at the End of the Lane and Neverwhere are two of my favorite books of all time!

I loved the movie too! Iā€™ve only read those two and Ocean st the End of the Lane.

2 Likes

Scott Sigler, Ray Bradbury. Since Bookstagram, Iā€™m following Sarah J Maas!

2 Likes

If you donā€™t count series, my most read authors are Margaret Atwood, Stephen King, & Charles Dickens. If you count series, then J.K. Rowling moves way up the list.

1 Like

I agree, and yet itā€™s funny because his name didnā€™t come to mind until I read your post. I remember when I first read one of his books ( A Man Named Ove ), there were parts in the beginning where I thought the book was kind of slow. Yet because it was unique - in a way that was hard to pinpoint- I kept reading and finished the book amazed at how emotional it was.

Daisy Jones is still on my TBR but all the reviewers I have in my following adored it!

4 Likes

My most read author is probably James Patterson because his books (whether he ghostwrites or doesnā€™t, I donā€™t really care) are so easy to consume and theyā€™re generally my go-to when I canā€™t read anything else but want to read something.

2 Likes

Diana Gabaldon
Ruth Ware
Janet Evanovich

1 Like

One of these days, Iā€™m going to try reading Outlander. I watched the first season and enjoyed it more than I thought I would, and I started the second season, but never finished and havenā€™t touched the series since, lol. I want to go back to it eventually, but I want to see if Iā€™ll enjoy the book(s) too.

Harlan Coben followed by Michael Connelly, Louise Penney, and throw in some James Patterson.

2 Likes

Victoria Aveyard and Kendare Blake

1 Like

Greatest show ever. Youā€™ve got to keep watching! See if your local library has the DVD sets so you can watch for free.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a great fan of William Kent Krueger and have read many of his books.

1 Like

I have a Starz subscription, so I can watch it there, but thank you.

Wow, that it is difficult because there are so many. Debbie Macomber, Susan Mallery, Susan Wiggs, Robyn Carr, Danielle Steel, Melissa Storm, Tammy Andresen, Catherine Coulter, James Patterson, Clive Cussler, Linda Barrett, Christina Dodd, Allison Brennan, Brenda Novak, Nancy Stopper, Susan May Warren, Mariah Stewart. There are more but I will stop there.

3 Likes

I love Louise Penny and her Three Pines mystery series. If you havenā€™t read her books, I urge you to try them. Start with Still Life the 1st in the series. I think itā€™s important to read this series in order.

1 Like

I love Neil Gaiman. Neverwhere is one of my favorites but I also love American Gods

2 Likes

Holly Black.
But!! I will say I donā€™t really go by authors :shushing_face: she just writes a lot of fae books and thatā€™s kinda my thing

Agatha Christie is my go to author.