Friday Question #3: Why are you grateful for fellow readers?

Happy Thanksgiving BookishFirst Readers! :turkey: :pie: :maple_leaf:

To kick off the holiday weekend, let’s all share why we’re grateful for fellow readers.

We’re incredibly grateful for our wonderful community of BookishFirst Readers that just keeps on growing. We can’t wait to continue to get to know all of you and celebrate books in this Forum.

Sincerely,
The BookishFirst Team

3 Likes

I don’t really go out a lot and I used to feel lonely because of that but ever since I joined some bookish communities, I don’t feel like that anymore so I’m grateful for fellow readers because we get along, encourage each other, and just have fun reading and sharing what we like

4 Likes

The bond you can create over the shared love of books. No matter the genre you like.

5 Likes

When I left my job and started working from home my world became smaller and I found I had no one to share my love of books. The online book community has become like family to me. I have met some of my best friends and they live across the country.

6 Likes

I am fearful for the great read recommendations of my fellow readers.

1 Like

I’m thankful that I have places like Goodreads, BookishFirst, Instagram, Twitter, and my Blog where I can share and connect with people who love books as much as I do. :smiley:

3 Likes

I feel greatful for other readers because I have a sense of belonging in a community that I can share my passion of reading with. The book community is a place where we can all have different tastes yet we can all come together to share our love of books.

2 Likes

I have a lot of anxiety that makes me socially awkward, but books are a passion of mine and love talking about them.

2 Likes

All the amazing new book recommendations and someone to share the love of raving about that last book you read with!

1 Like

I am grateful for fellow readers because of the great book recommendations, the opportunity to share and communicate with others about book boxes and other bookish things, and just the reading community in general​:yellow_heart::yellow_heart:. They truly understand when you share a picture of your latest book purchase and will geek out with you​:yellow_heart:.

1 Like

I’m thankful for fellow readers because we are able to relate and share! Reading communities are also great places to learn about “new” books! :books:

2 Likes

I love getting additional perspectives on books. There’s always something more to discover about the book, whether that’s analysis of the writing style, Easter eggs, analogies, allegory, ties to other novels, ties to world events, info about the author. And of course also more to discover about the world, like how a book impacted somebody or what thoughts and feelings it evoked.

1 Like

My story is similar! I left my full-time job at a clinic and started working remotely from home full-time (making my own hours). I live on the opposite side of the country from all of my friends and family because my spouse is stationed at Fort Benning. My world became restricted to the four walls I share with my spouse and 4 cats until I joined the book blogging and Bookstagramming crowd! I am thankful for the support I have received from like-minded people around the world. (Please visit my posts in the Lounge Forum if you’d like to network with other readers! It’s a place to share your links and follow other users!)

1 Like

I am grateful for other readers for many reasons. 1. Book recommendations 2. Book buzz 3. To discuss books that I am reading too 4. Just friendship through reading and books

I never knew how many people read just like me, until started to join social media groups and sites like this. My whole life changed. Now I am a blogger of books too!

3 Likes

I’m grateful that I was able to claim a copy of The Kingdom of Back by Marie Lu today! :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I’m grateful to have other people to nerd out with & go to book festivals with. :smiley:

3 Likes

I am grateful for fellow readers because the opportunity to share ideas about books makes the books more valuable to me. Whether we agree or disagree, I learn from another reader’s perspective and can respect that opinion even if it differs from mine. There is also the joy of finding another reader who shares my love of books and reading!

I’m grateful for fellow bibliophiles because I am always being introduced to a new book, a new series, etc. The possibilities of books is an endless one and I love it!

3 Likes

Knowledge is power. Health and spirituality books helped me find relief doctors said I would never find. Other readers sharing knowledge on these topics and giving honest book recs very well saved my life. I’ll always be grateful for word of mouth♥️ Thank you lovely readers- saving the world and they don’t even know it.

2 Likes

It is really interesting to see the different responses of readers, and sometimes others’ comments will make me go back and reread a couple of chapters to see how or if I missed something. I also like the fact that there are groups of people who can become excited about books that are not necessarily “best sellers” and who also are brave enough to say they do not like some of the so-called best books.

3 Likes