Friday Question #49: What is your favorite read of 2020?

Happy Friday, BookishFirst Readers!

There are only two weeks left of 2020 and we know you all read some amazing books this year. What was the best book you read this year?

3 Likes

I really enjoyed “The Better Liar” by Tanen Jones, and “The Wife Stalker” by Liv Constantine. Both books are very twisty thrillers, just the way I like them.

3 Likes

It’s a tie between The Hollow Gods by A.J. Vrana and The Master of Salt and Bones by Keri Lake. I absolutely loved them. I loved many but those are both number one.

2 Likes

There were some great releases this year. My favorite was The All Night Sun by Diane Zinna.

2 Likes

Daring and the Duke by Sarah MacLean is the only 2020 release that I’ve now read twice!

3 Likes

My favorite from Bookish First that I read this year was Starfish by Lisa Fipps! My actual favorite book I read this year was Scarlet by Marissa Meyer!

3 Likes

Loved The Cabinets of Barnaby Mayne and A Solitude of Wolverines

1 Like

I began the year with The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo By Taylor Jenkins Reid and it was a tough act to follow- I really enjoyed Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey- the audible version is highly recommended.

2 Likes

A Good Marriage and A Solitude of Wolverines because they were really great reads. Also, a new author to enjoy!

1 Like

My overall favorite 2020 read so far has been Normal People by Sally Rooney.
Also, The Girls of Storm and Shadow by Natasha Ngan absolutely blew me away! It’s so rare a sequel surpasses its predecessor!

The Lost and Found Bookshop by Susan Wiggs. LOVED it!!

1 Like

I’m going with Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia and Black Sun by Rebecca Roanhorse.

2 Likes

The Devil and the Dark Water was excellent!

Wow…that is difficult.

I’ll go with the first that comes to mind: THE ORPHAN COLLECTOR by Ellen Marie Wiseman.

1 Like

Things in Jars by Jess Kidd is my best book of 2020, #2 is the other people by CJ Tudor, and #3 is It Will Just Be Us by Jo Kaplan.

1 Like

The Balcony of Fog by Rich Shape to

The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell by Robert Dugoni.

The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson. It led to interesting discussions with friends in a Zoom book group.

1 Like

Shiner by Amy Jo Burns

My favorite Bookish book was Now That I’ve Found You, by Kristina Forest

Thanks BookishFirst!:heart:

For middle grade, my favorites were Starfish and The Canyon’s Edge. For graphic novels, my favorite was Class Act. For YA, my favorite was Now that I Found You.

1 Like