Friday Question #50: How many books have you read in 2020?

Happy Friday, BookishFirst Readers!

We know there’s still a week left for 2020 reading, but we’re ready to call 2020 complete. How many books have you managed to read in 2020? Additionally, how does this number compare to your previous reading years?

3 Likes

I’ve read about 110 books so far this year. Still a few days left and I am working through 3 more.

2 Likes

I have read 72 books so far this year! This is quite a bit more than I’ve read in previous years.

2 Likes

I have read 111 books this year. I don’t think I’ll be able to make it to 112 because of hand surgery.

2 Likes

So far I’ve read 60 books this year which is almost what I read in 2018 and 2019 combined! I am hoping to finish 2 more that I’m currently reading before the year ends.

2 Likes

So far I’ve read 35 books this year. My goal is 36, so I’m almost there! This is more than I have read in previous years because I usually read around 20!

1 Like

Two books in 2020 because I took a break

2 Likes

I have read 71 so far this year I might finish another one. This is a lot more than I normally read.

2 Likes

I read 183 books this year but right now I’m in a major reading slump.

3 Likes

I have read 118 and 2 more are in the works

2 Likes

122 against a goal of 65 and beating last year’s number by just a few books.

3 Likes

I have read 97 books, even though I had set a goal for myself to read 60. Woohoo!!!
The Bookish Bingo actually has been a great help, as I am usually overwhelmed by choices when I finish any books. The bingo has given me a narrower pool to wade in, and I appreciate that!

2 Likes

As of 12/27/2020, I’ve read 481 books, but will probably finish the year with 1 or 2 more. This is just a tad bit more than my goal of 366 books for the year. Vivian’s Year in Books

It appears that I’ve read past my goal for the past few years, but since I never know when the daily migraine headaches will interfere with reading, I consistently keep my goal set for 1 book per day. Novellas and other fast-paced reads along with re-reads really help! :wink:

2 Likes

I have read 210 books this year which was my goal. I have read some terrific books and some not so good and this is pretty typical.

1 Like

I’ve read 229 books so far with a few more in progress that I will hopefully finish before the end of the year. My original goal was 50 and I had never read more than that in a year. Being home more this year, listening to more audiobooks, and getting into bookish bingo helped motivate me to read more consistently and I hope I can keep it up next year.

1 Like

139 and counting. It’s half a dozen or so fewer than last year, I believe. Most were free-for-reviews through NetGalley and a handful at most through the Amazon First Reads program. Happily, only one in the entire bunch was a clinker.

173 finished, but still have a few days left to go. But won’t reach my goal of 200.

1 Like

262! My goal was 220, so I’m good there, at least. I did read a lot of novellas this year, but reading is reading!

2 Likes

As of today, 195! Hoping to get to 200 before 2021 :tada:

3 Likes

96 books this year! First goal was 40, increased to 52 then increased again to 80! Exceeded that, and this is my highest total for a year for me EVER! (Last year, I read 27 so a huge increase!) Proud that I used my extra time for reading! :heart:

2 Likes