Friday Question #50: How many books have you read in 2020?

I am at 98, and planning on ending 2020 with an even 100! I may have read this much in middle school… but never as an adult! I never tracked it this intentionally when I was young though - so it’s been fun to set goals and surpass them.

1 Like

As of today, I have 81. by the end of the year, it will be 84 or 85.

1 Like

I set my goal to read 26 book in 2020, about 2 books per month… and as at now, I have read 42 books… due to the shelter in place order in March, i have some extra time to read…

1 Like

43 as of today, but I should be able to finish 1 more in the next couple days. Less than last year, but it was hard to stay focused this year (wonder why!?) and I had so many reading slumps.

2 Likes

I have read an even 100. I have another I’m working on, but maybe I’ll slow down and keep the years total at 100 :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve read 67 books this year. Last year I read 100. I want to say the year before that I read 100 or just about. Either way I’m still happy with how many I’ve read this year.

1 Like

I’ve read 154 this year. My goal was 125. Last year, I read 276 books and I’ll never ever do that again.

1 Like

I read 165 books in 2020. I read 178 in 2019, so I met my goal to read FEWER BOOKS.

2 Likes

I had a goal of 110 and read 198. That is considerably more than 2019. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am completely. retired

2 Likes

I finished the year with 210, which was my goal I set at the beginning of the year.

1 Like

My goal was 25 and I ended up reading 68!! Last year I’d only read 18!

1 Like

At least 35 usually do not read more than 2 at one time! Definitely a lot more than 2019. I have been indoors , like us all, much more. My mindful time includes relax with tea & a book! So many good ones this year!

1 Like

I set my reading goal to 100 these last two years. In 2020, thanks to a manga series I found and devoured every volume that was available, I read 120!

1 Like

I read 75…which is about average for me

1 Like

I managed 26 in 2020. Hoping to read more in 2021.

1 Like

I think I only read about 15? Though I started getting back into reading really late in the year, and school took up most of my time. I hope to read wayyy more this year!

1 Like

Wow was feeling good about my 2020 total of 35 until I saw this, lol. How in the world does anyone have time to read over 200 books in one year?! That’s incredible, I’m impressed and humbled:-)

2 Likes

112 but due to Covid and long winter.

1 Like

154 last year, but in 2019, I read 276, which I’m never going to do ever again.

1 Like

Audiobooks, graphic novels, children’s fiction. Amazon has their “Original Stories” which are like novellas.