Friday Question #52: Do you read more than one book at a time?

Happy Friday, BookishFirst Readers!

Do you read more than one book at a time? Or do you commit to finishing a book before starting another?

4 Likes

Yes I am usually reading more than one book at a time. But they are always a mix of different genres. I’m a mood reader and this helps balance it out.

4 Likes

I normally read 2 books at a time. One physical book and one audio/e-book.

3 Likes

I am always reading more than one book. I am currently reading 4 books and listening to an audiobook. This method helps keep me invested in the books so I don’t feel bogged down by one book, if I get bored i move on to another because why read something that isn’t interesting you at the time?

2 Likes

Usually have 3 or 4 going at same time. They are different type of books depending on my mood and how busy a day I’m having.

3 Likes

I am usually reading 2-3 books at a time. I try make sure the genre are different. One time I was reading 2 WWII novels based in 2 different countries! That really confused me!

1 Like

I like to focus on one book at a time so that it is easier to remember everything at one time

2 Likes

I am always reading more than one at a time mostly becuase I do physical reading when I can but as I am working and doing house cleaning and cooking I do audiobooks.

I typically have anywhere from 3-6 books going at any one time, including at least 1 audiobook.

2 Likes

Yes, I usually read more than 8 books at a time. I read a large amount of books at a time.

1 Like

Yes! Two books, usually.

My max is about 3 or 4 depending on the books. Usually an ebook, audio book, and a physical book. I’ve been more than one sense middle school when the books I wanted to read were not allowed so I had to read something else. Back then I would read up to 6. Everyone thought I was faking it or something. Looking back it was kind of funny.

I can have three books going at one time, since I read on my Amazon Fire Tablet at night, listen to audiobooks while doing laundry or answering emails, and I read library books whenever I can. Right now, I am listening to Mother May I? by Joshilyn Jackson, reading The Law of Innocence by Michael Connelly, and reading a NetGalley selection Serpentine by Jonathan Kellerman.

Usually I keep to one at a time just to enjoy and concentrate on it. I have done two or three but do not enjoy as much.

1 Like

Of course I read more than one book at a time. Do you only watch one television show at a time?

1 Like

I can only focus on one book!

1 Like

I have so many books on my TBR list, it’s impossible for me to choose just one at a time. I’m usually reading at least two books, if not three or four.

1 Like

Minimum two at a time - one on the Kindle and one hard copy. I also have a second Kindle so there are often three going at once.

Since I average a book a day, it wouldn’t make sense for me to read more than one. I like to finish the first so I can blog it before I read another. The only exception is if one book is a novel and a second might be a cookbook I’ve just gotten. Other than that, no.

1 Like

Yes I have 3 books that I am reading .