Friday Question #52: Do you read more than one book at a time?

I rarely read two books at a time. I had enough of that while earning my BA in English. I thoroughly enjoy and focus on the one book I am reading. If I do read two at once, one is fiction and the other nonfiction.

1 Like

Yes! I usually have one book on my Kindle and one paperback. Sometimes I even listen to Audible, since I canā€™t read in the car.

I finish what I start - itā€™s rare that I read two books at the same time. The few times Iā€™ve done it in my lifetime, they were two very different genres (a thriller and a business book, for instance).

I think I am not good in multi-reading (afraid that i might mix up different stories), I normally read one book at a timeā€¦ until lately when I bought my very first Kindle last Oct, I started to read 2 books at a time - 1 physical and 1 ebookā€¦ so far i am doing quite okā€¦

1 Like

Yes. I am currently reading nine books at a time.

1 Like

I usually always have a print and audiobook in progress!

Sometimes, when Iā€™m reading a very long book, I will stop reading it to read another book. Then I go back to the really long book

2 Likes

I am a serial over-reader. It drives my husband crazy that I am reading at least 3 books at a time. Lol. I do find it easier to do if they are all different genres, though. I tried reading a Baldacci and a Grisham at the same time once and it just got me all wound up and confused.

1 Like

I rarely read more than one book at a time. I like to concentrate on one book at a time so I donā€™t confuse characters, plots, etc.

1 Like

I can only ready one at a timeā€¦if I try for more, I get confused

2 Likes

As much as I like the idea of reading more than one book at a time and I am ADHD surprisingly, I only read one book at a time.

1 Like

I usually have at least 2 books going at the same time; one audiobook and one hardcover. Often Iā€™ll also have an ebook as well. Not sure if youā€™re counting cookboos, pattern books, etc. I go through those whenever they come from the libtrary so I can decide if I want to buy them.

1 Like

Yes, always, I keep one in the bathroom, and in my car(something to read while you wait if itā€™s a snag in traffic or I might grab my car book for a dr. appt.

I try to pick 2 at a time to avoid falling into a reading slump. Maybe 3 sometimes, a hardcopy/paperback, one in Kindle and one in Audible. Just a variety of genres. But once I am 50-60% into a book, I tend to finish that before moving to complete the others.

I am known to read up to 5 books at a time. but when I get close to the end of one I concentrate on that one until it is done.

Most often I am only reading one book, but very rarely I read more than that at once.

1 Like

I aspire to read more then one book at a time, but it seems like itā€™s not for me :sweat_smile: I guess I just donā€™t have the attention span

1 Like

Iā€™m going to try this. I doubt Iā€™ll succeed, but it seems like a good idea!

I prefer to read one at a time but will sometimes have two going. No more than two.

1 Like

How do people do it when reading multiple physical books? Iā€™ve tried a couple of times and I donā€™t really feel like it speeds up my reading any. I donā€™t listen to audiobooks, and Iā€™m not interested in listening to them. I just want to know the secret for reading multiple physicals. Iā€™m attempting to read two books now, but who knows if Iā€™ll actually feel successful.

1 Like