Friday Question #55: Are there any series that you need to finish?

Happy Friday, BookishFirst Readers!

Are there any book series that you need to finish? Or plan to catch up on this year?

2 Likes

I started the Hercule Poirot series (Agatha Christie) this year, so I’ll be plugging away on it, as well as the Flavia de Luce series (Alan Bradley) and The Sisters series (Lucinda Riley), while I wait for the next Outlander book (Diana Gabaldon).

2 Likes

I do not like reading a series.

The Outlander series…which I read way back in junior high school and now I’m near 40 LOL. Are there more series I need to finish? Of course but now my mind decided to blank past Outlander LOL

3 Likes

I still need to finish the Percy Jackson series, and the Giver series!

The Goddess In the Machine #2 Devil in the Device and the last book in the System Divine Series.

I have too many to name. One day…

1 Like

The Cork O’Connor series by William Kent Krueger

I would like to finish the Maisie Dobbs series by Jacqueline Winspear.

Louise Penny’s series starring Inspector Gamage.I’ve read all but 2.

So many of them – but since I read so much (usually a book a day) I don’t sweat over it. The main one I want to keep reading is Carlolyn Haines’ Sarah Booth Delaney series. I loved it from the very first in the series.

• Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass #7) by Sarah J. Maas. I’ve had it on my shelf for 2 (or 3?) years now. Oops! I will finally read it this year though.
  • Vengeful (Villains #2) by V. E. Schwab. The first book, Vicious, was amazing.
  • Laini Taylor’s duology Strange the Dreamer and Muse of Nightmares. I love LT.
2 Likes

I still need to finish The Illuminae Files. I have the third book here, yet unread.

3 Likes

I still have to finish the sisters series by Lucinda Riley and the last book in the Maisie Dobbs series.

Oh gosh, there are so many I need to finish :see_no_evil:

The one I plan to finish first is the Arc of a Scythe trilogy. Scythe was absolutely phenomenal!

2 Likes

I really want to catch up on The Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole and the Psy-Changeling series by Nalini Singh (both are very long paranormal romances)

I’ve only read the first three or four (but I watch the show) and they’re just SO LONG. I have tried the audiobooks which are great because of the scottish accents but even those are like 50 hours.

Although I don’t necessarily want or look for “series” books, I do like and want to read the final novel in Ransom Riggs’s Miss Peregrine’s Home for Unusual Children (the first book’s title).

1 Like

My goal is to finish the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson.

1 Like

I have my copy of A Vow So Bold and Deadly, but I haven’t read it yet. Don’t really want the series to end!!

1 Like