Friday Questions #7: What will be your first read of 2020?

Happy Friday BookishFirst Readers!

Since it’s the last Friday of 2019 and of the decade, we can’t help but think about the new year. We like to start the year off with a book we think we’ll love and put a lot of thought into picking out the perfect first read.

Do you pick out a specific book as your first read of the new year? And if so, what book will you be picking up on January 1st?

3 Likes

First book of the year is Joseph Finder’s House on Fire. My goal is to get through some of my NetGalley requests and that is the next one on the list.

3 Likes

My first book of the year will be RECURSION by Blake crouch. My nephew was very enthusiastic about it when I saw him on Christmas, and he really wants me to read it.

4 Likes

I really enjoyed this one! I hope you like it.

My first book is hopefully going to be Three Women by Lisa Taddeo, My goal this year is to read more nonfiction! I actually did better in 2019 by reading 6 nonfiction titles instead of zero XD

1 Like

My first read of 2020, now that it’s here, is probably going to be A Phoenix First Must Burn. It’ll be a challenge to not pick it up before January 1 lol.

2 Likes

Either Woven in Moonlight by Isabel Ibañez or Finders Keepers by Stephen King!

5 Likes

My first book will probably be Behind Every Lie!

2 Likes

A Turn of The Key by Ruth Ware

5 Likes

My first book of 2020 will be The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell.

3 Likes

I hope you enjoy! I just read this last month and really liked it.

“Into the Fire” by Gregg Hurwitz

Blockquote

1 Like

My first read for 2020 will be The Queen’s Assassin☺

3 Likes

My first read for 2020 is going to be Oona Out of Order by Margarita Montimore. I always look forward to planning my year in reading, especially since I know the plan will develop as new releases come out through the year.

2 Likes

I have a shelf full of books that need to be read and reviewed for March and the month of January to get them all done (or as many as humanly possible). The one I start with will depend on if I have heard a buzz about it or sometimes it is just the subject that interests me that day.

2 Likes

I have about 15 books on my night stand…so i have no idea LOL

2 Likes

I think I’m going to do the trick of reading all but the last chapter of a book on New Year’s Eve, so the first thing I can do on New Year’s is finish a book! Now, what that book will be… I’m trying to work through my TBR this year, so probably something I’ve had sitting around on my ereader for a while!

3 Likes

My first book in 2020 will be The Orphan’s Tale by Pam Jenoff. It is the January selection of a Book Discussion Group that I belong to.
Mary Y

2 Likes

I think my first book of the new year will either be The God Game or Long Bright River. I have ARC’s of each of them and they come out in early January. Want to be able to get my reviews up in time for their release date! Either way, these will be my first two books of the year.

3 Likes

Based on my TBR and current pace…probably The Toll by Neal Schusterman or The Kingdom of Back by Marie Lu. Both are currently staring me down from my nightstand.

2 Likes