Friday Questions #7: What will be your first read of 2020?

Shades of Wicked by Jeaniene Frost. Been in my tbr for awhile and I got an arc of the second book.

2 Likes

Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens

4 Likes

Finally going to read remembrance by Rita Woods.

3 Likes

@booksteahealthyme The God Game was a WILD book! I’ve read it and it was good.

1 Like

That’s great to hear! My husband has currently taken my copy and is reading. I might have to pry it out of his hands!

1 Like

I’m trying to get through a stack of arcs for review. Saint X and Oona Out of Order are next as far as pub date but I’m probably going to sneak Kingdom of Back in first :blush:

2 Likes

My arc of The Sound of Stars by Alechia Dow

2 Likes

Unless I happen to get to it before January 1, it will probably be Love Lettering by Kate Clayborn, a book I received from Kensington Corporation through the Between the Chapters Facebook Group.

3 Likes

This is Not How it Ends by Rochelle Weinstein. I started it today and it releases on 1/1/20 so need to get that one done. The first one I actually begin in 2020 will be An Everyday Hero by Laura Trentham.

2 Likes

Hello:

I had planned for THE SEA OF LOST GIRLS to be my first read of 2020, but I have switched to CARTIER’S HOPE.

Happy New Year.

Elizabeth
Silver’s Reviews
http://silversolara.blogspot.com

2 Likes

If Only I Could Tell You will be my first book of 2020. Anyone else starting a reading challenge? I found two and am doing both. It looks like a lot of fun.

1 Like

If I do not get to it by the end of the year, I will be reading Finding Serendipity by Angelica Banks. But I have challenged myself to finish off my “added in 2013” shelf on Goodreads in 2020 and made myself a TBR jar of those books, so I hope to draw a book out from that jar for my first book of the year and for an early start!

2 Likes

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness

4 Likes

This is one of my favorite book series of all time! I’ve read them all a number of times and have even listened to the audiobooks (which are amazing!). Enjoy!

1 Like

The Girl in the White Gloves by Kerri Maher

That’s awesome to hear!! I read the EBook of Book 1 back in February so this is a reread for me but in Physical Copy form cause the online book I’m in on Facebook is doing a Series Read for the Book Series:
Janaury and February- A Discovery of Witches
March and April- Shadow of Night
May and June- The Book of Life
July- Times Covert and than we’ll all watch Season 1 of the tv series A Discovery of Witches.

2 Likes

I’m thinking of making this my first read of 2020 as well!

I just started reading Remembrance by Rita Woods yesterday, so that will be the 1st book I finish in 2020. Not sure what to start after that. Possibly The Silent Patient or The German House since I have those 2 checked out from the library.

2 Likes

Scythe will be my first read in 2020z

1 Like

My first read of the year is The Guns of August by Barbara Tuchman. I challenged myself to read at least 10 nonfiction history books. The is the story of the first month of WW1.

1 Like