Friday Questions #7: What will be your first read of 2020?

My first read of 2020 is Siren Beloved by Lexi Blake. I’ve read the Night in Bliss series and this series intertwined with that one so I’m trying to catch up because some of the characters crossover.

I’ve never picked a certain book to be my first read of the New Year.

I started rereading the In Death series a few weeks ago, so continuing that, that’ll be my first read. I’m on Judgement In Death.

1 Like

My first book of 2020 is The Hunting Party by Lucy Foley. The timing is fitting since the events in the book take place between December 30-January 3 lol

1 Like

My first book of 2020 is The Fountains of Silence for my book club. I’m loving it so far.

I’ve got this one on my TBR - it sounds good!

The Courageous Police Leader - Travis Yates with JC Chaix

My first book for this year will be The Secret. I’ve been wanting to read this for years! I already have my second book planned out lol

My first read of 2020 is going to be Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia.

1 Like

Scythe is a brilliant series; I hope you enjoy it!

Thank you, so far. I am.

1 Like

Boom Town by Sam Anderson. It’s the first read of a new book club.

I’m gonna read Holly Black’s “the folk of the air” series. I know I’m behind :sweat_smile: it’s my best friends like favorite series next to carry on and I loved it. And I want to go ahead and start it off with a good series then I’m moszy on into wicked saints and it’s prequel that I have sitting on my night stand. Then who knows because I fell into a rabbit hole with books

2 Likes

Currently reading The Lost Causes of Bleak Creek by Rhett McLaughlin and Link Neal. Very entertaining #PolterDog

Gartantis is my first read of 2020.

#BookishBingo My first book for January is _Junkyard Cats _ by Faith Hunter

1 Like

I read “The Air He Breathes” by Brittainy C. Cherry
I was a good read and recommended by my neighbor.

I thought Queenie by Candace Carty-Williams was going to be my first read of 2020, but I had to move it to my DNF pile. While it got great reviews, I wasn’t warming to any of the characters and it didn’t hold my interest. I’ve moved on to Mock My Words by Chandra Shekhar.

My first read was for my book club … and it was “the book that matters most” by Ann Hood. It is such a good read. I am now reading my next book “Never Let Me Go” by Kazuo Ishiguro

1 Like

Hope you get those 2013 books off your shelf in Goodreads. I have one more book on my shelf from 2014 and then I will be on to 2015. Of course, I have 57 books on my 2015 shelf so that is going to take more than a year to complete. UGH! I just need to quit adding books or start weeding out the books that keep getting pushed off to the side. What is a girl to do? ::slight_smile:

My first book of the year was CARTIER’S HOPE by M. J. Rose