January 2022 Bookish Bingo

Are you ready to tackle your TBR pile this month? Join us in January and conquer your TBR!

If you share a completed bingo in the comments below before February 1, you’ll receive 20 bonus points!

Click here to read the rules and download your Bookish bingo card below. Make sure you share your progress with us by using #BookishBingo on social media. Let us know what books you’re reading for each prompt below! When you get a bingo, shout it out here.

BF '22 Bingo IG Story

Have an idea for a future board? Share it here.

January Bookish Bingo categories: Author of color, Anthology, Featured on BookishFirst, Character owns a bookstore, Alliteration in title, Neurodiverse protagonist, Set in the '20s (1920s, 2020s), Ask for a mystery rec in the forum, Favorite author, Audiobook listened to while being creative, Published during your birth month, Reviewed immediately after finishing, Free space, Title begins with J, Found family, A book you meant to read in 2021, Title beings with W, Published in January, First in a series, Highly-anticipated 2022 release, Purple cover, Adaptation, Body positive theme, First book you read in 2022, LGBTQ+ author

3 Likes

Author of Color: The Personal Librarian
Set in the '20s: Our Violent Ends
Free Space: Anna K Away
First in a Series: A Study in Charlotte
LGBTQ+ Author: All Are Welcome

2 Likes

could I get a mystery recommendation?

I would recommend: The Wives by Tarryn Fisher

1 Like

My tentative board. I’m trying to read more of what I already own

5 Likes

Could I please get a cozy mystery rec?
Slowly getting into the silly ones like cats and bakeries. So something like that or Wendy Webb.

Not sure that this technically counts as “cozy”, but Finlay Donovan is Killing It by Elle Cosimano was a lot of fun. I read a lot of mysteries and this one had a lot of humor and a little romance mixed in. It’s worth checking out.

1 Like

Thank you :blush::blush::blush:
I will be sure to look for it

I read after Alice fell and liked it
Historical fiction mystery

Can I get a mystery rec? I like to be kept on my toes and enjoy a good thriller-type mystery.

I just finished Mirrorland for anyone looking for a mystery full of twists. Bonus points for audiobook narrator being Scottish.

Mystery rec from anyone else?

Have you read Alan Bradley’s Flavia de Luce series?

So far for January
Set in the ‘20s— The Great Gatsby
Published during your birth month—Autumn Falls
Free Space
Title begins with J—Just Like Fate
A book you meant to read in 2021— The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
First in a Series— The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
Adaptation— The Great Gatsby
First book you read for 2022— The Adventures of Tom Sawyer

2 Likes

Ellie Alexander has a few cozy series (I’ve read the brewery one, been meaning to start the bakery one). I also enjoyed A Glimmer of Death by Valerie Wilson Wesley

Real Easy by Marie Rutkoski comes out tomorrow and is really good. For a backlist option, The Wife by Alafair Burke.

Can I get a mystery recommendation please? In case it’s helpful: I really like those by Alafair Burke, Rachel Howzell Hall, and Kristen Lepionka. Psychological suspense doesn’t always work for me (crime fiction is a better bet)

Bingo!!

2 Likes

Hi everyone! I read a lot of mysteries and thrillers. Here are a few recs. I tried to add some variety so you can chooses depending on the level of thrill you want in your mysteries.

Nine Elms by Robert Brydnza
The Maid by Nita Prose
Finlay Donovan is Killing It by Elle Cosimano
Open and Shut by David Rosenfelt
One of Us is Lying by Karen McManus
A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson
Find Me by Anne Frasier
The Lost Man by Jane Harper
Louisiana Longshot by Jane Deleon
The Fourth Monkey by JD Barker
The Whisper Man by Alex North

Anyone have any additional recommendations?

2 Likes

Bingo!

1 Like

I just finished the third book in the Natalie Lockhart series by Alice Blanchard.

Bingo!

Published during your birth month (January): The Last House on the Street (published 11 January
Reviewed immediately after finishing: Great Circle
Free space:
Title begins with J: Jar of Hearts
Found family: What Comes After

2 Likes