January 2024 Bookish Bingo 🌃

Are you ready to take on a reading challenge? Join us in January and conquer your TBR!

:star: Post your TBR list here and check off a square on your board before you even start reading. :star:

If you share a completed bingo in the comments below before February 1, you’ll receive 20 bonus points!

Click here to read the rules and download your Bookish bingo card below. Make sure you share your progress with us by using #BookishBingo on social media. Let us know what books you’re reading for each prompt below! When you get a bingo, shout it out here.

BF '24 Bingo Board Forum

Have an idea for a future board? Share it here.

January Bookish Bingo prompts: Borrowed on library app, Debut book, Published in January, Title includes new, Found family, Title begins with J, First book you read in 2024, Features a reality show, Two men on the cover, Relates to a goal you have, Character wants a new beginning, Clock or hourglass on the cover, Free space, Body positivity, Tolkien-inspired fantasy, Starts at a party, Single parent, Set during winter, First in a series, Silhouette on the cover, Book you meant to read in 2023, Dual timelines, Title includes “year”, Theme of loving yourself, Share a pic of your 2024 TBR

5 Likes

Question: for the “title that includes ‘year’”, does that mean the word year, or numbers in the title? E.g. “The Year of the Cat” OR “Stories of Soldiers in the Great War of 1914-1918” ? Thanks!

The original suggestion was for “new” or “year” in the title and they split them up into two tasks but kept it in quotes, so I’d say it’s for the word “year” in the title. However, they aren’t too particular, so if you had an actual year in the title that’d probably work too.

1 Like

I would think that either one would work: the word ‘year’ or the numerical year.

Possibility a silly question. What does “Barrowed on library app” mean?

Some public libraries allow you to check out e-books and e-audiobooks with your library card through different types of apps. Hoopla and Libby (Overdrive) are two popular apps.

3 Likes

Does anyone know where we have to share a pic of your 2024 TBR? This thread, their insta, or someplace different?

1 Like

Thanks, that’s good information. I’ll check it out.

There’s a forum thread linked in the first post (with the :star:), although I’m sure social media works, too.

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you! I missed that.

1 Like

so far it’s looking good

1 Like

i work at a public library and we have a white board in the staff space that’s dedicated to readers advisory. i put up the January BookishBingo on the board as a team challenge. 4 people have already read 11 books, and we got a bingo! I did replace the bottom right challenge, “share a pick of your 2024 TBR,” as we didn’t really have a place to do that, with the substitute challenge "a format or genre you don’t normally read. A staff member (who hasn’t even added to the board yet!) considered the free space too easy for us, so we replaced that too-- with the secret Santa books we got each other last month.

8 Likes

One of my earliest Bingos ever!

From library app: Expo '67 (Bill Cotter)
1st 2024 Book: The Little Blue Book (Bp. Ken Untener)
1st in Series: White House Clubhouse (Sean O’Brien)
TBR List Posted: 12-31-23

1 Like

I got bingo really quick this month.

3 Likes

Only one bingo thus far, but I figured I’d post just so I can stop shifting the book covers around in my head – having many titles that can fit in more than one spot is very distracting.

Image description - from the first row:
Borrowed on library app - Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles vol. 1 by Naru Narumi
Debut book - Parenthesis by Elodie Durand
Published in January - Unhappy Camper by Lily LaMotte

from the second row:
First book you read in 2024 - Country Bird by Angela Harrison Vinet and Janis Hatten Harrison (January 2024 release)
Two men on the cover - Sure, I’ll Be Your Black Friend by Ben Philippe
Relates to a goal you have - Unraveling: What I Learned About Life While Shearing Sheep, Dyeing Wool, and Making the World’s Ugliest Sweater by Peggy Orenstein

from the third row:
Free space - Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich

from the fourth row:
Starts at a party - Loveless by Alice Oseman
First in a series - Super Boba Cafe by Nidhi Chanani

from the fifth row:
Book you meant to read in 2023 - Ghost Roast by Shawnee and Shawnelle Gibbs (January 2024 release, I’ve had my eye on the Advance Reader Copy available on netgalley)
Title includes “year” - Daughters of the New Year by E. M. Tran
Share a pic of your 2024 TBR :heavy_check_mark:

Not finished but liking so far (it made the “best of 2023” list on OverDrive): The Next New Syrian Girl by Ream Shukairy
51QmTA5VkkL.SX100_SCLZZZZZZZ

1 Like

BINGO! :smiley:

Share a pic of your 2024 TBR
First in a Series: Under Lock & Skeleton Key
FREE SPACE
First book you read in 2024: Heartstopper vol. 5
Borrowed on library app: Twelve Years a Slave

3 Likes

Bingo! But not stopping there!

Bingo is from top left to bottom right:

1st: The Fall of the House of Usher by Edgar Allan Poe
2nd: Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
3rd: Free Space
4th: Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
5th: photo of my TBR posted to forum

I’m reading books I’d never pick up on my own as part of a Goodreads challenge, especially the ‘Sequential Art’ category.

2 Likes

Bingo from top left corner to bottom right corner!

Borrowed on library app: Northranger by Rey Terciero & Bre Indigo
First book you read in 2024: A Witch’s Guide to Fake Dating by Sarah Hawley
FREE SPACE
First in a series: Godkiller by Hannah Kaner
Share a pic of your 2024 TBR: :heavy_check_mark:

2 Likes

If you use an app through your public library, like Cloud Library, you can borrow books and audiobooks.

Woohoo! These are not all the books I have read so far, but I got a bingo and wanted to share!

1 Like