March 2024 Bookish Bingo šŸ“—

I am planning to reread Enchanting Songs For Silent Sirens (Obscure Academy Book #03). I read it in December and remember enjoying it.

Does anyone have any suggests for a romance book for the prompt: Cover with a black and white photo?

Another idea I have that would be welcome to ideas for is I am thinking of reading some Fairy tale books based on Rumpelstiltskin, The Frog Prince, and/or The Golden Touch of King Midas so if anyone knows any good ones let me know.

Happy Reading Everyone! :green_heart::books:

1 Like

Thank you! I read In a Dark, Dark Wood, but not the other two. I appreciate these suggestions!

1 Like

Lemon Meringue Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #4)
by Joanne Fluke
or, if just the WORD ā€œPieā€ is acceptable - The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (Flavia de Luce #1) by Alan Bradley, OR The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer.

1 Like

The Warm and Joyful Memoirs of the Worldā€™s Most Beloved Animal Doctor
By: James Herriot
Narrated by: Christopher Timothy
Literary Fiction & Classics, 2022

1 Like

Deeplight by Frances Hardinge, itā€™s YA fantasy and was one of my favorite reads last year.

Any recs for dragon books? I will read pretty much anything but I prefer little to no spice.

Have you read Midnight at the Blackbird Cafe by Heather Webber? Highly recommend! Itā€™s a fiction with magical realism. Thereā€™s a pie on the cover I reference to the ā€˜blackbird pie.ā€™ :wink:

2 Likes

For Rumpelstiltskin, I recommend Gilded by Marissa Meyer. It was a great read. Loved it and recommend. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you! Iā€™ll check it out

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion and I will look into it.

1 Like

Anyone have recommendations for books similar to The Selection by Kiera Cass?

1 Like

Dragon Book Recomendations
Enchanted Forest Chronicles Series = Has some Clean Romance if I recall

Jane Austenā€™s Dragons Series = Clean Romance

Alien Adoption Agency Series = I believe it had some spice but could probably be skimmed over without affecting the story.

1 Like

I really enjoyed that series too. Canā€™t think of one similar, but I can recommend two that you might enjoy.

If you really enjoyed the dystopian aspect with a cute romantic subplot, I suggest Birthmarked by Caragh Oā€™Brien. It follows a 16yr old girl trained under her mother to be a midwife and she must meet a quota each month, not of births but the number of newborns given to the Enclave to raise. There are two books following: Prized and Promised.

If you really enjoyed the competition aspect, I suggest A Magic Steeped in Poison by Judy I Lin. Itā€™s not a competition for the hand of a royal, but to be the royal shĆ©nnĆ³ng-shÄ«, a master of the ancient and magical art of tea-making. It is beautifully written with amazing worldbuilding and a unique magic system using tea. There is a sequel.

1 Like

If youā€™re okay with YA, then The Whispering Dark features a main female character who is deaf

The Whispering Dark

1 Like

I have that! I forgot the main character is deaf. Thanks!

Iā€™ve never heard of Noxx, I will be sure to check it out!

Hey everyone!! Anyone have any good romance books with forced proximity or enemies to lovers?

In February I Posted a few Enemies To Lovers Alien Science Fiction Romances:

Alien Incognito (Book 2: Forbidden Bonds) by Cara Bristol

Alien Undone (Book 3: Forbidden Bonds) by Cara Bristol

Alien Disgraced (Book 4: Forbidden Bonds) by Cara Bristol

Craved by the Hunter: A Post-Apocalyptic Alien Romance (Xarcā€™n Warriors Book 11) by Lynnea Lee