March 2024 Bookish Bingo šŸ“—

It depends on what you like to read genre wise

1 Like

I havenā€™t read it yet, but I have The Sign for Home. Itā€™s gotten some really good reviews.

Bride by Ali Hazelwood is a recent release. The cover is black and white but not a photograph- not sure how flexible your definition for photo is. I loved the book. It would also likely fit the romantasy and forced proximity questions some others asked.

1 Like

I went into The Cruel Prince by Holly Black convinced I would hate it and then actually liked it. I also enjoyed Radiance by Grace Draven.

Saga if you like sci-fi, Lore Olympus if you like mythology.

Love Code if you like video games and cosplaying.

I enjoyed The Wife Between Us for a more psychological thriller and I really enjoyed Bullet Train for a more suspense/action thriller.

1 Like

Hello all! I am looking for some contemporary romance or thriller recommendations if someone could please help.

For Contemporary Romances I enjoyed:
Sugar Cookie Kisses (Cherry Lake Fire Fighters #1)

Cappuccino Mugs and Fire Fighter Hugs

Another option if you enjoy Instalove short Contemporary Romances is Lilah Hart has some interesting series I have read in the last few months.
Bachelorettes of Blackbear Bluff
Bachelors of Blackbear Bluff
Lumberjacks of Blackbear Bluff Series

Hope you find some good books to read! :heartpulse:

1 Like

My husband enjoyed His Majestyā€™s Dragon by Naomi Novik.

Royally Matched is basically the same plot, but with lots more spice. Itā€™s the second book in Emma Chaseā€™s ā€œRoyallyā€ series.

I just read The Naga Maverickā€™s Determined Mate and it had a dragon in it as well.

I have some books I need to pick up from the library
273d725c57d57a659696e756877426b41414141_v5 1637790317.01.SX100_SCLZZZZZZZ 1984862995.01.SX100_SCLZZZZZZZ
(Ajax Penumbra 1969 = Three word title; Hakimā€™s Odyssey vol. 3 - third in a series; Zodiac by Ai Weiwei = gold on cover)
but I guess I can post now with just the two bingos. :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover:

image description, row 1:
Three word title - blank
Green cover - In the Garden Behind the Moon / Alexandra Chan
Published in March - Number Call / Nagisa Furuya
Audie nominated audiobook - The Deep / Rivers Solomon
Ask for a rec in the Forum - blank

row 2:
Mathematician - Someone is Always Watching / Kelley Armstrong
Set in the wilderness - Braiding Sweetgrass for Young Adults / Robin Wall Kimmerer
Pie on the cover or in the book - Octopus Pie vol 1 / Meredith Gran
Deaf character - Mooncakes / Suzanne Walker
Picked up at a Little Free Library - Tumbling Blocks / Earlene Fowler

Row 3:
Explores Irish history - Freewheeling Through Ireland / Edward Enfield
Character in a band - Wolfpitch / Balazs Lorinczi
Free space
Set in spring - I Miss You, I Hate This / Sara Saedi
Gold on cover - blank

Row 4:
Historical fiction about women of color - This Is Not Miami / Fernanda Melchor
Graphic novel - We Are Not Strangers / Josh Tuininga
Includes an epilogue - A Most Remarkable Creature / Jonathan Meiburg
Title begins with The - The Flowers of Buffoonery / Osamu Dazai
Set in a theater - The Backstagers, vol. 1 / James Tynion

Row 5:
Cover with a black and white photo - Freedom! /Joshua Bloom
Title begins with M - Ms. Marvel, vol. 2 (G. Willow Wilson series)
Single parent - blank
Third in a series - blank
Make up your own prompt - blank

2 Likes

Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett

A book came out a couple of weeks ago called A Fate Inked in Blood by Danielle L. Jensen. Itā€™s a Viking romantasy centered around the Norse gods. I think itā€™s about to blow up and could become the next big romantasy series.

1 Like

The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren is enemies to lovers and forced proximity.

The Reason I Married Him by Meghan Quinn is both.

If You Hate Me by Helena Hunting is a new release that is both as well, and I absolutely loved it. (Reel is linked with full review in caption)

Here is an Instagram post with a few more.

ASKING FOR RECOMMENDATIONS: Iā€™m super-exhausted (physically & emotionally) this month and having a hard time picking books other than keeping up with my ARCs and my Libby/Overdrive holds coming available. Any recommendations for easy/fun reads? [Yes: childrenā€™s, middle-grade, YA, adult, mystery, humor, fantasy, sci-fi. No: horror, gore, psychological thriller, historical fiction, romance (in the strictest terms, where sex is the main point; but fiction with a romantic relationship is fine).] Thanks for your help!

1 Like

A book that got me out of a slump was Legends & Lattes by Travis Baldree. Itā€™s fun, cute, cozy fantasy and a fairly quick read. The prequel (published after and best read second) is even better! Highly recommend both.

Another series I fall back on when in a slump is The Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce. First book is Alanna: the First Adventure. Itā€™s Middle grade / YA but a read I fully invest in. Highly recommend. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

If you like magical realism in more contemporary fiction, check out Midnight at the Blackbird Cafe by Heathe Webber. I loved the audiobook, great narration. This book may hit you in the feels. Definitely recommend!

1 Like

Awwwwā€”thanks, @seast!

Based on your comments about Midnight [which I read/loved in 2019, making HW an auto-read author for me; I have been meaning to reread it for quite a while] and the Travis Baldree books [I read the prequel first, as an ARC, and then L&L], I have added Alanna to my wish list.

Thanks for your thoughtful recommendations!

1 Like

I loved The Wishing Game and Remarkably Bright Creatures. The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches was also very good. It did have a sex scene, which was surprising because the rest of the story really didnā€™t have that feel so itā€™s definitely not the focus of the story. All three were easy reads.

Hi! Looking for recommendations for romances with a deaf character, mathematician character, and set in a theater.

1 Like