NetGalley Goals/2020 Challenge

Is anyone else also apart of NetGalley? I’m so very behind on all of the ARCS I need to read to keep my rating at 80%.

What is your goal with NetGalley this year? Mine is to get to 90% feedback!

3 Likes

Goal one: Get my requesting habits under control :sweat_smile:
Goal two: Hit 80% somehow, which means I literally cannot request anything else for a long time
Goal three: Finish reading all books before they slip into the “Older than 3 months” section
Goal four: Get the 100 Reviews badge
Goal five: Get auto-approved by a publisher

4 Likes

Awesome goals! I need to get my requesting habits under control as well XD

I really want that auto-approval too!

3 Likes

My biggest goal is to better my blog and its reach so that I can request from some of the pickier publishers. I’ve gotten some awesome books with how small I am, but there have been a few that I was too scared to even ask for because they said they wanted only blogs with 10,000+ followers…

2 Likes

Heck yeah! I love them. Aren’t they the ones who created BookishFirst? It’s like a candy store. I can spend hours just looking at what’s available, if you’re lucky enough to get approved. I love that they recently started offering samples of audiobooks. That’s one of my favorite things. Can’t wait for full audio. How do you get ratings of 80 or more? Mine is 73%. I always review on time as far as date of publishing. Maybe I should have it in on netgalley sooner? Thanks so much

2 Likes

I think is just based on how many unread vs read/reviewed titles you have. Not sure.

Yes, Netgalley owns Bookish First. I found out about this site through Netgalley telling me to go request a book I wanted here. So glad I did because I won it and it was the first giveaway I entered. My Netgalley Feedback ration is currently at 94%. My goal is to shorten my shelf so I never have more than 4 books on it at a time.

1 Like

I don’t know if timing plays into it, but it’s all about titles you have vs the number you reviewed. If I need to get my percentage up, I always check out the craft/cooking books on the “read now” tab. They’re super easy to review and I’ve found some really interesting stuff there! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aah, makes sense. Gosh, mine will drop probably because I requested a lot lol. Most ever. I’ve been reading like crazy though.

1 Like

My goal in 2020 on NetGalley is to get all my books off my bookshelf. I have never been behind and I couldn’t figure out why I got behind and then, I remembered that I played a Halloween Bingo Game based on reading Halloween books. This is the first time I ever played one of these games and well, it was fun and I read a lot of books I wouldn’t normally read all in a row but it really messed with my other reading goals and now, I am paying the price. I don’t request books from NetGalley like I used to because I feel bad looking at my shelves with all the books on them (great books too!) so now, 2020 I am going to get them cleaned off!!

1 Like

I’m on NetGalley and I’ll probably die before I can catch up on my ARCs! I forgot how much time I won’t have for leisurely reading when the semester starts. My goal is now to read at least one ARC from my bookshelf a week!

1 Like

I’m jealous! My shelf makes me want to cry!

1 Like

My 2020 NetGalley goals…

First of all, I need to just stop requesting books and really think about whether or not I want to read them. My heart says to read all the books. My head says there just isn’t time.

Second, I need to get back above 80% and quickly.

Third, once I am there I want to stay there. Which brings me back to goal #1 and not just requesting any book I think looks interesting.

It’s all a big circle…

2 Likes

Isn’t that the truth :joy:

3 Likes

I’m currently doing the same, trying to read all of the books from my physical TBR. I’m a complete mood reader so it is hard but I’m doing well so far!

My Netgalley list is one of my new year’s resolutions!!:raised_hands::woman_facepalming:

1 Like

I’d settle for getting my rating above 70% :sob:

I’m trying to make a point of reviewing every book as I read it - or at least writing down my initial thoughts and then coming back after I’ve had a chance to think a bit more about the book. My problem now is that I’m reading the books but never actually finishing the reviews!

2 Likes

I like goal number 4 and 5. Just not sure this is the year I can do it.

1 Like

I would like to clear my shelf… I was awful!