October 2023 Bookish Bingo 🛸

What will you read in October? Work on your reading goals this month with a new round of Bookish Bingo!

If you share a completed bingo in the comments below before November 1, you’ll receive 20 bonus points!

Check off one of the squares and share a photo of your October TBR in the forum or tag us on social!

Click here to read the rules and download your Bookish bingo card below. Make sure you share your progress with us by using #BookishBingo on social media. Let us know what books you’re reading for each prompt below! When you get a bingo, shout it out here.

BF '23 Bingo Board Forum

Have an idea for a future board? Share it here.

October Bookish Bingo prompts: Vampire romance, Set on Halloween, Published in October, “Night” in the title, Leftover from Sept’s TBR, You predicted the ending, Main character works in art world, Mystery, Horror by a Latinx author, Skull or bones on the cover, TItle begins with C, Pumpkin on the cover, Free space, Unreliable narrator, Hades & Persephone retelling, Witch, Past catches up with character, Title begins with O, Set at a college, Kept you up at night, Share Oct TBR pic in the forum, Set in Maine, Cover is orange, Aliens, Banned Book

8 Likes

I prefer the square version of the board you share on Instagram. Could you start sharing that here?

2 Likes

Why not just take a screenshot of the one on Instagram?

2 Likes

This looks really cool!

Suggestions for “Pumpkin on the cover” for those who need it. Some of these have the word and the pumpkin image.
Pumpkin
The Pumpkin Spice Cafe
Long Live the Pumpkin Queen
Pumpkinheads
It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
Pumpkin Spice and Not So Nice
Pumpkin Everything
The Pumpkin Plan
A Pumpkin and A Patch
Pumpkin Day At the Zoo
Pumpkin Soup
Murder At the Pumpkin Patch
Too Many Pumpkins
Death By Pumpkin Spice
The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin

4 Likes

Here’s that version:

3 Likes

That is what I usually do but I’m impatient and don’t want to wait to start thinking of next month. Thanks!

1 Like

My Roommate is a Vampire fits for Vampire Romance and Main Character Works in the Art World
https://amzn.to/468gxrt

4 Likes

Would Long Live the Pumpkin Queen fit the square pumpkin on cover?

3 Likes

This bingo board looks like fun! I cant wait to get started. Only a few more days of September left, yikes! :blush:

2 Likes

There’s a lot of books with “pumpkin” on the cover. It’s up to your interpretation and they didn’t state “a pumpkin/pumpkin image on the cover,” so I would say yes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For “Title begins with O” listening to Onc and Future Witches by Alix E Harrow.

Got my first Bingo! Shared to instagram already but I’ll drop it here. How’s everyone doing?

2 Likes

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark is such a throw back for me - I love it. I might have to add it to my October TBR!

1 Like

October release: Dragon Garage by James Turner;
Mystery: Everyone in my Family has Killed Someone by Benjamin Stevenson;
Free Space: Keynan Masters and the Peerless Magic Crew by DaVaun Sanders;
Title begins with O: On Time and Turtles by Sy Montgomery;
Cover is orange: Homebodies by Tembe Denton-Hurst.

For vampire romance, was considering the latest in Rainbow Rowell’s Simon Snow series;
for “Night” in title, I recommend Tracey Rose Peyton’s Night Wherever We Go;
for skull/bones on cover, many of Alan Bradley’s Flavia deLuce mysteries will work–the audio versions with Jayne Entwistle are terrific;
I also just finished (and would recommend) How Far to the Promised Land by Esau McCaulley, which works nicely for Past catches up to character (and also orange cover).

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

BINGO!

October TBR Shared: 10-8-23
Past Catches Up: Past Imperfect (Joshua Cohen)
LatinX Horror Author: Certain dark Things (Silvia Moreno-Garcia)
Leftover TBR: Interview With The Vampire (Anne Rice)

2 Likes

2 Likes

BINGO - October
Top Row going Across
My Roommate is a Vampire - Vampire Romance
Haunting of Venice - Set on Halloween
Being Henry, The Fonz…and Beyond - Published in October
A Little Night Murder - Night in the title
Liar! - Leftover from September TBR

1 Like

This one was TOUGH for a person like me, who is not a big genre reader! I had to add a genre read to my list no matter what kind of bingo I was going to go for, it seemed. But I managed!

BINGO!

• vampire romance: The Vampire’s Mail Order Bride - Kristen Painter (this is the one I had to add, & I was further limited by the ebooks my library had immediately available, but thankfully it wasn’t that bad)
  • set on Halloween: Hey, Hun: Sisterhood, Supremacy, & the Other Lies Behind Multilevel Marketing - Emily Lynn Paulson (This one actually has an entire chapter set on Halloween! What a lucky break! I was really excited to read this one because I love books about frauds & scams, but ironically, “The Vampire’s Mail Order Bride” was actually more well-written.)
  • published in October: Kill Show - Daniel Sweren-Becker (published October 3, 2023)
  • “night” in the title: All-Night Pharmacy - Ruth Madievsky
  • leftover from September’s TBR: Idlewild - James Frankie Thomas
2 Likes